First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
image.jpeg

Hey all, Overland Bound is going to roll out to Alabama Hills, CA in April for a quick weekend trip. Join us!

We're thinking, roll in Friday evening, go to Cerro Gordo mines on Saturday (Ghost Town) and roll home on Sunday.

This is not an "Event". We'll just be there, and would love to run into you, and camp in the same area!

I'll update this thread with exact dates. We're just putting a shot across the bow!

M @CorrieOB

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I will have to confirm some dates with my brother since I will be picking him up at SFO in April. If the trip doesn't fall on the same weekend, then count me in. Funny thing, I just realized that I drove past Alabama Hill 6 times when I hiked/backpacked Mt Whitney. I should of stop by there when I had a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Gonna be a road trip, Google maps is showing 8 hours, good thing gas is still cheap :tonguewink:

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Ugh, wish I still lived in Arizona. That's a heck of a lot closer than Iowa. Would love to explore this area. Enjoy the trip.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Ya, I'm really itching for a date to be called out so I can futz it in my schedule (and get the proper clearance from The Authority)

I would pull my trailer but I think it'll be too early in the season, and sloppy. My balding AT's wouldn't pass muster

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Lot of interest. If people actually commit it will not be "not an event" anymore

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Hahaha the official 1st annual unofficial non event. There will be no swag :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: maktruk

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

What I believe is funny is that I will likely be the least "prepared" on this ride.

Never got my winch installed

Wouldn't trust my 20 yo hi-lift with a kiddie wagon

I have only a single spare.

Not many spare parts to speak of, but I do have a wide array of tools, a 15k# bottle jack, and a 12k# comealong, recovery shackles and straps, etc.

I do also carry 5 gallons of fuel, but have come to find out I'll need a shaker siphon to ever get any of it into my truck (curse you CARB)

I have 12 gal water onboard.

Spare parts are limited to electrical parts and a spare battery, wish I had a spare axle shaft or two...

But I'll have lots of firewood :-)

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

My wife's surgery was (finally) scheduled for 3/18, and the type of surgery was confirmed so her recovery time should be minimal. I'm likely good to go I just need dates *nudge*