A good tool to quickly air down your tires that wont break the bank.

• HTML tutorial

Mtnmn99

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chamberlain, SD, USA
First Name
paul
Last Name
piazza
Member #

Remove valve core, count to whatever number is necessary to reach the desired pressure (make a cheat sheet), re-install valve core.

Removing the core to re-inflate will also speed the process regardless what kind of compressor you are using, (negligibly off a tank)

The first question I now ask myself is "What does it weigh?" and in virtually every instance less is better. A valve core wrench and some extra cores and caps might be 20 grams.

And yes, all of the benefits yielded in airing down the truck exist for airing down the trailer
I agree to remove the valve cores work well for airing up and down. My problem is I kept losing the valve cores. I did carry extra's, but the added stress was not worth it for me. The tool I mention does not weigh much and is compact. I believe if removing the valve cores works for you then all is good. There is no right answer.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Nice video, I have used a set of Coyote deflaters for many years. I love them
I second the Coyote deflaters, have purchased a second set that way I have one set for sand/snow and one set for gravel/washboard. (Keep them in different color cases to make sure I do not get them mixed up) Also added some quick release adapters to the deflaters since I am lazy and screwing each on on to the valve stem each time was too much work... lol the deflaters are not the fastest, especially on tires with TPMS sensors, but since they do all four tires at once and stop automatically it frees up a bit of time for a quick visual inspection of the rig before hitting the trail.
1680018693151.png

Reactions: Mtnmn99

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I never posted a pic of my air chuck. I paid the Snapon Tool guy $48.00 a week for 12 years for this one. It's a good air chuck. If you squeeze the handle half way it lets the air out and pretty fast too. But as I said above I'm never in a hurry. I'm always looking around at the beautiful scenery that surrounds us. Or the lady folk. LOL
Zim
IMG-0127.jpg