Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
now that is a sexy beast! You do anything special under the hood to counter all that weight?
No, I've thought about it but to be honest the only thing I've done is for that issue is a 4:88 re-gear. With that I'm still getting about 14.3 MPG and got my power back, so I'm happy. Would love to be able to afford a super charger but can't justify the expenditure. Probably will be doing a Marlin Crawler Taco box though! :---)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
2019 4runner Sr5
Ready lift leveling kit (soon to change)
18x9 American racing wheels
285/65r18 ridge grapplers
C4 rock sliders
Victory 4x4 bumper and full roof rack
Just started the build at the end of october with more to come
Looks good enough to me, 5 stars.

The Gobbler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Conifer, CO, USA
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0PGH
My 2016 TEP.

OME 3"
SPC UCA's
RCI Sliders and full skids (all aluminum except gas skid is steel)
Warn bumper with Warn Zeon 10S
All lighting by Baja Designs
SPOD Bantam
Gobi Stealth rack
Batwing 270
Method 305's with Falken Wildpeak AT3's 285/70/17's (E's)
Expedition Essentials T4RPAM
Home made drawer system

Absolutely love this thing.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
My 2016 TEP.

OME 3"
SPC UCA's
RCI Sliders and full skids (all aluminum except gas skid is steel)
Warn bumper with Warn Zeon 10S
All lighting by Baja Designs
SPOD Bantam
Gobi Stealth rack
Batwing 270
Method 305's with Falken Wildpeak AT3's 285/70/17's (E's)
Expedition Essentials T4RPAM
Home made drawer system

Absolutely love this thing.
Very nicely done

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My 88 project.
View attachment 144944
So far a 2" lift, locker, winch, and a bunch of little custom mods.....
Wow a 2 door. I didn't know they made one ! pretty unique isn't it ? I thought at first glance it was a pick up with a topper. Very nice Steven !

Reactions: Offroadnutz

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Wow a 2 door. I didn't know they made one ! pretty unique isn't it ? I thought at first glance it was a pick up with a topper. Very nice Steven !
Most 1st gen 4Runners (if not all) were 2 door... I don’t think I have ever seen a 1st gen without 2door and removable top.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Most 1st gen 4Runners (if not all) were 2 door... I don’t think I have ever seen a 1st gen without 2door and removable top.
Removable top, no wonder I mistook it for a camper top at first glance. That's what I like about your Bronco, you can do it if you want. The biggest advantage comes from being able to install a roll bar that fits good or even a cage.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Removable top, no wonder I mistook it for a camper top at first glance. That's what I like about your Bronco, you can do it if you want. The biggest advantage comes from being able to install a roll bar that fits good or even a cage.
Some of the 1st Gen 4Runners came with a factory roll bar in the back.

for my Bronco, I am looking at one that is manufactured here in Oregon by a All 4 Fun Off-road. They only do 78-95 Broncos.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Some of the 1st Gen 4Runners came with a factory roll bar in the back.

for my Bronco, I am looking at one that is manufactured here in Oregon by a All 4 Fun Off-road. They only do 78-95 Broncos.
That's not a half bad price either. I wouldnt build one for that. Tee's me off to something priced like this roll bar cage and then compare it to an off road bumper for my Land rover that costs upward of $1200 and uses 1/4 the amount of steel and labor to build it. I paid $500 for my stripped, non heavy duty front bumper that could have been made locally for $250 or so. Baaaaaaa (the sheep man)

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
That's not a half bad price either. I wouldnt build one for that. Tee's me off to something priced like this roll bar cage and then compare it to an off road bumper for my Land rover that costs upward of $1200 and uses 1/4 the amount of steel and labor to build it. I paid $500 for my stripped, non heavy duty front bumper that could have been made locally for $250 or so. Baaaaaaa (the sheep man)
I wonder how much the cost of the bumpers are eating up the difference in shipping... shipping on the cage is killer... 200 miles for $900.00 is what I was quoted for a cage.... hence I’m going with that company so I can just drive down and have it set in, then either pay to have them install it for me, or bring my fab tools with me and install it at a friends house.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I wonder how much the cost of the bumpers are eating up the difference in shipping... shipping on the cage is killer... 200 miles for $900.00 is what I was quoted for a cage.... hence I’m going with that company so I can just drive down and have it set in, then either pay to have them install it for me, or bring my fab tools with me and install it at a friends house.
Cost of shipping, Ridiculous isn't it ? I can by all the solar panels I want just 200 miles away in Tucson AZ. @ about $100 for 400w panel, $50 for 250w panel. I called and asked the shipping cost and they said $250 a panel UPS or Fedex. I can drive there and back for $100 so why would I buy the UPS shipping. Maybe we should go into the shipping business HUH ?

BTW my bumpers shipped for free so the actual cost would be around $250. But IF I walked into the store, the price would still be $500.
I know there is nothing I can do about it but it makes me angry to know the amount of profit is built in to goods today. In the 70's we use to contract to build a house for 0.08% of the cost. Today a builder wont touch a house for less than 50-75% over the cost. On top of that they all drive 70- $100k cars and pick up's the company pays for that's a total write off over 5 years.(basically a tax free automobile expense) but paid for by the home buyer.

Reactions: LostInThought