Guthrie, Logan County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I like the rooftop tent, what kind is that? Also are the tubular bars the OEM roof rack style for the Sport editions?
Its the GoFSR M49 Mossy Oak Edition and yes it’s the stock OEM rack. Here is another pic of it.

32CA4080-3A25-42B3-B240-D73395013476.jpeg

Also it’s no longer on the Runner it’s on my 5x8 trailer along with my kids Smittybilt XL

889A121B-6B77-4FB4-8D23-9E65D005216F.jpeg

Last edited:

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

That was a fun video...although looks like I want a <88 to keep the 22re and solid axles.
They only made one year of 4runner with the solid axle before switching to IFS. I personally like the IFS better due to supperior ride quality. My solid axle yota is brutal and beats me to death, even with soft ride springs.

Reactions: cdavis90

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

That was a fun video...although looks like I want a <88 to keep the 22re and solid axles.
MRose,
to have the combo you want from the factory, that would be an1985. ’ 84’ was the first year, 85’ had live axle and fuel injection. 86’ The body is a couple of inches wider and now IFS front axle. Picture of my 84’ that I sold a couple of years ago.Vance.
CE835D00-D85F-4D95-9F9D-1FEAB653B61E.jpeg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I know my cousin’s was an 88 and he bought it brand new off the lot in Hermiston Oregon in February or March of 1989... and it had a solid axle... I know it had a solid axle because the first thing he did was brought it to me and my dad to put lockers in it... in return I got my first CJ5.

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

I know my cousin’s was an 88 and he bought it brand new off the lot in Hermiston Oregon in February or March of 1989... and it had a solid axle... I know it had a solid axle because the first thing he did was brought it to me and my dad to put lockers in it... in return I got my first CJ5.
Read where it talks about 1st generation. Only part of 84 and all of 85 had solid front axle.

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Read where it talks about 1st generation. Only part of 84 and all of 85 had solid front axle.
Ok I see what’s going on... I don’t remember the gauge layout in my cousins ‘88, but do however remember that my buddy’s truck had imperial gauges and markings... also both were blue with white tops, which was also not supposed to be an option for US models... 88 was supposed to be blue on blue. So I take it they were imports intended for another country. I also remember both of the trucks didn’t have any English written anywhere on them to include the vin tag... other than vin numbers them selves if memory serves.

KRose

Rank IV
Benefactor
Launch Member

Contributor II

La Grande, OR, USA
First Name
Kallie
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Well this little baby got new shoes today and my plates came in the mail last week put stickers on and emblems on the front fenders

Attachments

Stormcrow

Rank IV

Traveler III

Houston, TX
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bleakley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5DSB
My 2016 TEP.

OME 3"
SPC UCA's
RCI Sliders and full skids (all aluminum except gas skid is steel)
Warn bumper with Warn Zeon 10S
All lighting by Baja Designs
SPOD Bantam
Gobi Stealth rack
Batwing 270
Method 305's with Falken Wildpeak AT3's 285/70/17's (E's)
Expedition Essentials T4RPAM
Home made drawer system

Absolutely love this thing.
I thought your rig looked familiar -

Bart & Eef

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Harker Heights, Texas
First Name
Bart
Last Name
Hoekstra
Just a standard 2016 4Runner SR5. Only mod so far is the addition of the Eezi Awn K9 Roofrack.
RTT moved to our new Turtleback Trailer in the meantime. Will do for the years to come. After that we have to return to Europe.

Attachments

Reactions: Tundracamper

Stormcrow

Rank IV

Traveler III

Houston, TX
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bleakley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5DSB
I'm trying to write up a build thread for my rig, but in the meantime here's my 2020 4Runner TRD Pro in Magentic Gray.
FDB3BF8C-6F8C-4CD8-AA6D-A45C9FFD58E6.jpeg
Mods / additions (in order of installation):
  1. Bushwacker fender flares
  2. BajaRacks basket for the TRD Pro roof rack
  3. BajaRacks Maxtrax mounts
  4. BajaRacks ladder with Rago Fabrication ladder steps
  5. Toyota Emblem blackout kit
  6. Four Trex solo axe mounts
  7. Kenwood D710GA ham radio with COMPACTenna 2m/440 antenna on Rago Fabrication hood mount
  8. Uniden Pro510XL CB radio with 4' Firestik II antenna on a Rago Fabrication mount
  9. Expedition Essentials T4RPRM dashmount w/ added Ram Mount balls on console sides
  10. 23Zero 180R awning on BajaRacks awning brackets for the TRD Pro Roof Rack
  11. ARB dual compressor onboard air w/ Rago Fabrication compressore mount and Wifey system
  12. BajaRacks fuel can mount
  13. RSG Offroad sliders with kick outs
  14. TMT 4x4 stealth bumper
  15. Warn VR EVO 10-S winch
  16. Westcott Designs Fox TRD Pro Lift kit
  17. Treaty Oak Offroad Recovery Gear
    1. Ok, this isn't exactly a vehicle mod, but their recovery gear is top notch and I didn't want to leave them out.
  18. 285/70/17 BFG KO2's
  19. Lift gate piston upgrade
  20. RigD Ultraswing hitch tire carrier
  21. Raingler cargo attic net

Joel S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8OJK
Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Been a while, I trialed one desing, and it didn't work too great. So i'm deciding to make this out of 80/20. Will be able to hold a mountaneer 2 stove and a Evakool 40l Drawer fridge. thoughts?

Reactions: TroutRunner

zcostilla

Rank III

Traveler III

Fountain Inn, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Zac
Last Name
Costilla
Member #

Service Branch
USAF ‘93-‘13
I recently bought my son’s ‘97 4Runner Limited (with the factory e-locker in the rear!). Still stock, as I’m doing all the routine stuff first. Getting the Tundra caliper swap Monday. Going for a modest 2” lift and 265/75r16 tires (32”), or maybe a set of 235/85r16. Took out one half of the rear bench and moved the spare to the rear to make storage room. Plan on keeping it simple with ground tent (hammock in nice weather!), my old military sleeping bag with the gore-tex cover, and a heavy duty cooler (Yeti knock-off). Two tool bags, and a bow saw, hatchet, and machete complete the tools, plus fire extinguisher and a med-kit. Here’s a picture with my youngest son when we took her for a test run.

EB06F6E1-7C35-4C2B-B57D-20009BCD8A19.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4wheelspulling