4Runner Owners Registry

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

G8TR05

Rank 0

Contributor I

Offutt Air Force Base, NE, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harden
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! He really is a beautiful rig, I've only had him for a little over a month and I am the happiest I can be when I'm in that cockpit. I drove him back from Bozeman to NY and enjoyed it thoroughly!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
How did you find out they were selling? I figured they would sell locally like they did with their old Tacoma.

G8TR05

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
David
Last Name
Harden
A 4runner thread, nice!

I just picked up this 2016 TRD Pro. Everything is stock for now, will slowly mod things as I need them. Added a few convenience items like Huskey liners and N-Fab side steps for the wifey.

Question for other 5th gen/TRD Pro owners. Have you been able to successfully get your alignment within Toyota specs? I noticed my car would drfit slightly to the left, and my steering wheel needs to be turned slightly to the right in order to go straight. I took it to an alignment shop, and they were unable to get everything within spec (I used Toyota 4runner Trail specs, they didn't have one for the TRD Pro). My caster is slightly out of range. I found others complaining about the same thing on some 4runner forums, but it doesn't seem like anyone has found a resolution.

View attachment 64419
I recommend taking it to a dealer. I have a 4th gen, but the dealer did a great job on the alignment.

G8TR05

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
David
Last Name
Harden
Technically it's my better half's, but we picked this 2018 TRD Off Road Premium up from the dealer last week. It's our first Toyota, having mostly owned Jeeps. I'm excited to try it out on the trails, it will be a mild build as we have the Jeep Rubicon for the rougher stuff. We'll upgrade the tires to BF Goodrich K02s, add some sliders and appropriate skids and maybe eventually a small lift. Otherwise, we will probably leave it alone as it is her daily driver and we have an off-road trailer which has all the other goodies we need on the trail.

Here it is in the driveway the morning after the pickup:

The 4Runner and the Jeep, living in harmony..haha!
The 4Runner can handle anything the Jeep can do.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova