Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Anyone here running a Warn winch behind their factory bumper? I have a 4th gen, and want to have it sort of hidden or factory looking.

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Found out Budbuilt makes a mount for a winch that fits behind the factory bumper, but the cost... the cost.... ughhhh... :flushed:
I may as well save for a new steel bumper and put a winch on that.

Reactions: Boort

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

How do you like the 3" lift? I was thinking of getting the 3" left or 2" lift.? I'll have to check out your rig at the Rally.
I'm loving it. The package Toytec has gives you 3" in the front and 2" in the rear. This allowed me to go to a 265/70 tire, which probably added a half inch of lift too. This gives me substantially more clearance off road. I think they should come this way from the factory. Do it @Mike G

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I'm loving it. The package Toytec has gives you 3" in the front and 2" in the rear. This allowed me to go to a 265/70 tire, which probably added a half inch of lift too. This gives me substantially more clearance off road. I think they should come this way from the factory. Do it @Mike G
What's the going rate for the 3" lift with labor?

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Reactions: Mike G

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

UL-FJ3K - FJ Cruiser/4Runner Ultimate 3" lift package

Price: $1,279.99

I had a shop near me do it, and they charged me $300, which was insanely cheap for the labor. Most shops charge $700 for the install which can take about 5 hours. It's not hard to do yourself, and save some cash, but I had recently seperated my shoulder.
Not bad. I would like to install it myself but the place I'm at doesn't allow you to work on your vehicle.

2ndGenFlip

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fontana CA
Member #

Milla..94 5 speed 4x4 3.0 Uniden CB Radio
33s
Cassandra. 95.Auto 2wd 3.0 egr delete cold air intake straight pipe with dynomax muffler 33x10.50x15 BFG Ko2 4.88 with a Sparton locker front Blazeland long Travel king 2.5 Coilovers bilstein 5125s ome 900 springs and more.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rattlesnake44

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hawthorne, CA
Member #

How did I not see this thread before?!?

2015 Trail, 2" lift courtesy of Rancho Shocks (it's a beta test for them, they'll be coming out with the kit for the 4Runner by August), BFG KO2s in 265/70/17, N-Fab step bars until I get full sliders (girlfriend is 5'2"), Southern Style Off-road Slimline Hybrid front bumper with Smittybuilt X2O winch.