Member #

1st. Hey. This is my 1st post.

2nd. Here is our 4runner

2014 trail
3 inch of lift
305/55/20s
Motor metal wheels
Mall rated (wife's truck)
Truck is getting its 1st trip in the dirt this August. Hopefully the wildly over sized tires will not rub too bad. Hopefully more coming soon on it
I need to see your wheels dirty to really see them. Hahaha! Great to see so many 4Runners here on OB.

Reactions: pdxplorer15

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
Pic of the wheels.

The truck is a stealership built truck. A local dealer puts these packages on. Personally I think the cost was nuts. 12k for a lift, wheels, tires, light bar/grill, some paint changes, and weather tech mats. It was bought and traded for a tundra with 12k miles. I was shopping for a 4runner the day it was traded for. I shot what I thought was a low offer, and they took it. So far I've been really happy with it, wife loves it. She never let me drive it. So I traded my ram on a 16 trd or

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Pic of the wheels.

The truck is a stealership built truck. A local dealer puts these packages on. Personally I think the cost was nuts. 12k for a lift, wheels, tires, light bar/grill, some paint changes, and weather tech mats. It was bought and traded for a tundra with 12k miles. I was shopping for a 4runner the day it was traded for. I shot what I thought was a low offer, and they took it. So far I've been really happy with it, wife loves it. She never let me drive it. So I traded my ram on a 16 trd or

I thought I was the only one who said Stealership! [emoji13]

You have a nice rig. Almost resembles the TRD Pro and I really love the white.

For me it wasn't easy locating a V8 4Runner so I landed my Crimson Guard 4Runner after months of searching about 6 years ago. Almost every V8 4Runner I found in California was thrashed except this baby.

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
Good looking rig. Love the color.

I did the even know they made a v8 until recently. I've been out of the toyota game for a while. But have jumped in with both feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: pdxplorer15

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

It has the same engine as the earlier Tundra models. 4.7-liter i-Force DOHC V8. Puts down about 306 ft-lbs of torque and 260 hp which isn't too shabby.

Thanks @Vandy

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
How's the mpgs on it? I wish they had a v8 or a forced induction or diesel option for the new runners/tacomas

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

You and me both

Wife's truck gets 16/19. I'd give up a few mpgs for more powah!
Down the road I imagine the mpg's will go down more once I equip a steel rear and front bumper. I need to get that spare tire rear mounted stat!

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
How often do you get to get out and explore with it? I moved to okc from so. Cal. Not much here but farm land until you get to Arkansas/Missouri and south Tejas

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

How often do you get to get out and explore with it? I moved to okc from so. Cal. Not much here but farm land until you get to Arkansas/Missouri and south Tejas
Honestly, I don't get out to explore as often as I'd like. That's a huge part of why I joined OB. I've always had a desire to explore and travel to the unknown, and now that I'm a Dad, I feel obligated to take my kid outside as much as possible. I'm getting a National Parks Annual pass and am a Member/Supporter here, so I'm out of excuses to not explore and see our beautiful nation.

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
I can understand that. We have a trip to the Tejas hill country, one to durango Colorado and one to se Oklahoma planned this year. My boy is 4, so I'm hoping I can get him hooked on exploring outside

Reactions: SLO Rob and Crispy

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

I got a 1990 4runner...

It started life back when I was 9 years old with a 3vze . When I got it four years ago , first thing I did was get rid of the 3.o liter and put a 22re in . In hindsight I wish I would have gone with a 5vze swap , but I didn't know where my build would end up , but the little 22re has taken me all over the place ...

Currently I got

a Dana 60 rear and Dana 44 up front
5.29 gears , chromoly shafts , front / rear ARB's
tranny wise I have dual cases, 2.28 in the front and 4.7 in the rear , with twin sticks on the rear case
for tires I currently have 37" MTR's
winch , bumpers, and dozens of other little mods

I love rock crawling but more and more I just enjoy 'overlanding' , going to Death Valley , Mojave Road , forgotten CA and NV ghost towns ...

Lookin forward to seeing more 1st and 2nd gen 'Runners on here as well...

Love it!

Reactions: KRose