• LS Front Diff
    • 360 Camera
    • Beadlock-capable wheels
    • other stuff
Overland Stuff:
  • Leitner Classic Rack
  • 2 Std Pods
  • 1 XL Pod
  • 4 Accessory Plates (Running 1 in current setup)
  • Awning (Smittybilt)
  • RTT (Smittybilt) (FSR Adventure GS 55" Premium)
  • ARB Dual Compressor (in Leitner Pod)
  • sPod (in Leitner Pod)
  • CaliRaised Flood Lights and Amber Dust Lights
  • AT Overland Propane Tank Mount (5lb) - mounted on passenger rail
  • WaterPort - mounted on passenger rail
  • Swarfworks Elite Light Mount
  • 2 Baja Designs LP6 (Spot/Clear)
  • 2 Baja Designs LP4 (Combo/Amber)
  • Baja Designs Ditch Light Kit with Squadron Pro (Combo/Amber)
This was before wiring everything into the pod. If people are interested, I can do a complete write-up on this setup. It turned out super-clean and I'm really happy with the layout.
PXL_20201003_182535000.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have to ask what the spod is for lol. Should be plenty of switches pre-wired from factory to run what you have. Show us some more pictures of your setup. Im looking to find a way to mount my propane tank as well.

Kendv8s

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SoCal
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I have to ask what the spod is for lol. Should be plenty of switches pre-wired from factory to run what you have. Show us some more pictures of your setup. Im looking to find a way to mount my propane tank as well.
True, plenty of factory-provided switches in the engine bay. For ease of wiring items from the bed of the truck, I put the sPod in the Leitner Pod.
PXL_20201019_160013353.jpg
That way I could run one set of cables from the battery back to the Pod and wire up lights, compressor and anything else I need. My sPod also has the bluetooth option which allows me to access it from my phone. This works good for the rear amber lights for dust.
PXL_20201019_160051632.jpg

For my propane needs, I purchased the AT Overland mount. They have a 5 lb and 10 lb version. Mine is the 5 lb. I used two Leitner bolts and nuts to mount it into the inner rail. I also added two 1/16" x 1" aluminum pieces (w/ double sided tape) to give the mount more support.
PXL_20201019_160152184.jpg

PXL_20201019_160140180.jpg

PXL_20201019_160132526.jpg

I learned a lot building up my 2017 Tacoma and have tried to make the necessary improvements with this build. I'm saving the factory switches for fog lights and ditch lights.

Attachments

Last edited:

socialpants

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast I

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OIW
Just about ready to start bolting stuff onto my 2019. How do you like the rack so far? Also, any noticeable difference (with anything) pushing the RTT above the cab (which is what I plan to do also)?

Kendv8s

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SoCal
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Just about ready to start bolting stuff onto my 2019. How do you like the rack so far? Also, any noticeable difference (with anything) pushing the RTT above the cab (which is what I plan to do also)?
Having the RTT above the roof line of my cab was one of my concerns before picking the rack. I haven't had it on there long, but really haven't noticed any difference. I think if I was putting on a lot of miles, I'd probably notice the mpg hit. Long-term, I plan on getting a hardtop RTT that is lower profile.

When it comes to bed racks, I can't think of another that comes close to quality or versatility. The rack follows the lines of the cab and fits like it came from the factory. For the price, my expectations were pretty high and it met or exceeded on all points.

Reactions: socialpants

Schnell_958

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Slutsky
Member #

Have you beefed up the rear leafs? How much sag do you have if you are stock? I have a 2019 Raptor with Eibach front springs, and I thought of going Deaver +3 before adding a bunch of weight back there.

Kendv8s

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SoCal
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Have you beefed up the rear leafs? How much sag do you have if you are stock? I have a 2019 Raptor with Eibach front springs, and I thought of going Deaver +3 before adding a bunch of weight back there.
After doing a 1,300 mile road trip, including the Mojave Road with 4 people and gear, this is on my short list of upgrades. I was sagging enough (~1.5-2") to make me concerned. The only thing preventing me from upgrading now is the cost (~$1,500) and the possibility of having to re-program the Live Valve Fox shocks. I upgraded the rear leafs on my Tacoma with an Icon full leaf pack and it made a significant difference. With my daily load or camping gear for two, the truck sits level and rides pretty close to normal.

How do you like the Eibachs on the front? Did you change the length or spring rate? Did you have to re-program the Fox Live Valve shocks?

Reactions: Schnell_958

Schnell_958

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Slutsky
Member #

The ride is awesome with the Eibach springs. They ride exactly like stock, just 1.75" taller, and there was no issue with the live valve shocks. No reprogramming required. I have heard that with the Deaver +3 HD, you need about 500lbs in your bed to make it feel stock, otherwise it's a rough ride.

After doing a 1,300 mile road trip, including the Mojave Road with 4 people and gear, this is on my short list of upgrades. I was sagging enough (~1.5-2") to make me concerned. The only thing preventing me from upgrading now is the cost (~$1,500) and the possibility of having to re-program the Live Valve Fox shocks. I upgraded the rear leafs on my Tacoma with an Icon full leaf pack and it made a significant difference. With my daily load or camping gear for two, the truck sits level and rides pretty close to normal.

How do you like the Eibachs on the front? Did you change the length or spring rate? Did you have to re-program the Fox Live Valve shocks?

Reactions: SkunkedGorilla

al415

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Highlands, NJ, USA
First Name
AJ
Last Name
Sweeney
Nice, I have a 19' that is bone stock so far. I'm going back and forth a bit over Cap vs bed-rack. Did you consider a cap at all?

Kendv8s

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SoCal
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Nice, I have a 19' that is bone stock so far. I'm going back and forth a bit over Cap vs bed-rack. Did you consider a cap at all?
I didn't really consider a cap. Living in SoCal, dealing with weather is not really an issue. With the Leitner Rack Pods, I can keep some basic items locked in these. The only "cap" that has caught my attention, recently, is the Go Fast Camper V2 Platform. It incorporates a cap and RTT, but the price tag is just too high.

I think the only thing to keep in mind is the amount of weight you plan to carry with your cap. The stock leaf springs will support ~300 lbs, functionally, until they start to flatten. I'm already planning to upgrade my leafs in the coming year or so.

Kendv8s

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SoCal
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Some updated pictures of the rig with various upgrades and various locations.

Traveler's Monument - Mojave Road
PXL_20201127_225337965.jpg

Loaded up rig along the Mojave Road
PXL_20201128_212038914.jpg

Anza-Borrego - showing off the new light bar and Baja Designs
PXL_20210109_184659970.jpg

Mengel Pass #1
PXL_20210213_215016231.jpg

Mengel Pass #2
PXL_20210214_191204272.jpg

New RTT Setup
PXL_20210415_201956415.jpg

Kendv8s

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SoCal
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Working on a pretty exciting collaboration for the Raptor...

As far as I have been able to find, SDHQ is the only company offering a frame-mounted slider for the Gen2 Raptor. Unfortunately, they only offer sliders that weld to the frame. My preference is a bolt-on slider. After reaching out to a 'yet to be named' company, I was able to schedule a "fitting" for the Raptor. I'm excited to report that everything lines up and in a few weeks we will have a set of bolt-on sliders for the truck.
18228.jpeg

Kendv8s

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SoCal
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Raptor has received a little more protection! White-Knuckle Offroad now has sliders that will bolt to your Gen2 Raptor frame. These look completely "OE" and provide enough of a step so that the wife doesn't complain. The team at White-Knuckle is super and were fantastic to work with. Check them out. White Knuckle Offroad Bolt-on Sliders for Gen2

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

Slo4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Rosenberg, TX, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Moser
Member #

Love the sliders, I haven't really found a good frame mounted slider for the Gen1 yet.
Also.....Are those speakers bolted into your bed?

Kendv8s

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SoCal
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Love the sliders, I haven't really found a good frame mounted slider for the Gen1 yet.
Also.....Are those speakers bolted into your bed?
I wish they were speakers! They're actually covers for the bed tie-downs that are integrated into the plastic bed protector.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Nice build! Raptors are such capable, comfortable rigs right out of the box and your mods have made it one heck of an adventure platform.

-TJ

Reactions: Kendv8s