Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The thimble is a Factor 55 Splicer. I unspooled all the line and spliced a proper locked brummel.
View attachment 131901View attachment 131902
Nice splicing, i can garauntee mine would look like trash. Best id get would be a lindeman knot or shark knot. Wife and i are in kentucky headed toward greenwood indy area right now just stopped for some food.

Reactions: JCWages

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Nice splicing, i can garauntee mine would look like trash. Best id get would be a lindeman knot or shark knot. Wife and i are in kentucky headed toward greenwood indy area right now just stopped for some food.
No way! What brings to the area? I’d love to meet someone from the forum if you’re gonna be here for a while and have spare time.
I make hiking equipment in my spare time specializing in hammocks. I’ve spliced a lot of suspensions with thin 1/8-3/16” Dyneema including soft shackles, whoopie slings and continuous loops. This 3/8” stuff was sooo easy to work with in comparison. Im gonna order some amsteel blue and splice up some soft shackles for my setup as well. Thanks for the kind words btw!

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I make hiking equipment in my spare time specializing in hammocks. I’ve spliced a lot of suspensions with thin 1/8-3/16” Dyneema including soft shackles, whoopie slings and continuous loops. This 3/8” stuff was sooo easy to work with in comparison. Im gonna order some amsteel blue and splice up some soft shackles for my setup as well. Thanks for the kind words btw!
All my knots are fishing related i used to know the climbing knots a lifetime ago but havent even spelunked since i was like 13.

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

How do you like your add a leaf set? Looking to pick up the same set for my Ranger, how much did it actually raise the rear end? Instructions easy to follow?

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

How do you like your add a leaf set? Looking to pick up the same set for my Ranger, how much did it actually raise the rear end? Instructions easy to follow?
I'm very happy with it. I think I installed one of the first sets and the instructions had some gaps. I notified them and they said they would correct. The biggest things that weren't clear are that you do indeed remove all of the small spacers from the stock stack and you do have to punch out the roll pins from the stack. Otherwise, a very simply install IMO.

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

I'm very happy with it. I think I installed one of the first sets and the instructions had some gaps. I notified them and they said they would correct. The biggest things that weren't clear are that you do indeed remove all of the small spacers from the stock stack and you do have to punch out the roll pins from the stack. Otherwise, a very simply install IMO.
Awesome to hear! Looking at getting a set soon probably a little after the GFC goes on (less than 2 weeks) so I don’t have an sag in the rear. I like the height the front is at with the coilovers and don’t want any of the Carolina Lean haha

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Installed the add a leaf on the Ranger a couple days ago and it looks nice! GFC is going on later this week. I like those wheels HoosierT!

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Installed the add a leaf on the Ranger a couple days ago and it looks nice! GFC is going on later this week. I like those wheels HoosierT!
Sweet! You happy with it? I know I am. And thanks on the wheels, I’ve always loved bronze on blue and the selection of wheels without fake bead lock is scarce so I landed on these. Now I just need to get a spare wheel and tire since it’s been confirmed that the spare well will fit 33’s.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Also, in case someone asks, the rack, which I designed to my needs and had made, bolts THROUGH the bed rail. I had no desire to dick with trimming the tonneau rails so I just designed the rack to have the bolts run through holes on the inside of the legs. Sorry it was dark when I happened to grab these. Yea drilling 6 holes through the bed rail on a $45k truck may bother some, but this truck will be mine until it dies.
13EEDB33-F776-438E-B18F-9872D87C0A09.jpegB9EDB952-6214-4C40-BCDA-95E03C2376EE.jpeg

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Next step in the build is the fridge setup. I initially had bought a GZ Yeti 400 lithium but I returned it and have decided to build my own auxiliary battery using 190ah raw LifePO4 cells and a 3D printed box to hold it, the BMS, and I’ll have 4 usb and 2 12v sockets flush mounted. It occurred to me that I can do without a power inverter within the portable battery itself as I’m so used to ultralight backpacking that there’s virtually nothing I’ll need AC for on the trail. I’ll use gas for anything that needs heat and I can charge my drone or laptop with the 150w ac plug inside my truck.
I’m going to put down plus nuts in the floor of the bed and build my own fridge slide with extruded aluminum and some HD drawer slides. The diy lithium battery should power the fridge, camp lights, and charge misc stuff for the better part of five days. I’ll be installing a Renogy 20a dc to dc charger run from the starting battery back to the bed and terminating that cable with an Anderson connector. The battery will have two Anderson connectors flush mounted in the rear. One for input from the dc charger, and the other as a direct 12v output to the fridge. This should negate any need for me to have to carry any solar panels.

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

You sound busy with projects. I’m back and fourth in black or bronze wheels for my Ranger. I am happy with the leaf kit, had a little trouble on the install but it was our fault and not the instructions. They also fixed them as you stated. I also feel the same way about the truck being mine forever. I’ve drilled a few holes in the bed as well with more coming soon.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

You sound busy with projects. I’m back and fourth in black or bronze wheels for my Ranger. I am happy with the leaf kit, had a little trouble on the install but it was our fault and not the instructions. They also fixed them as you stated. I also feel the same way about the truck being mine forever. I’ve drilled a few holes in the bed as well with more coming soon.
Yea I’m trying to get as much done as time allows. I’m building this to allow us to take our kids around the country (6 year old and three month old daughters) and camp in epic places. My wife and I much prefer backpacking and we started our older daughter out backpacking when she was three, riding on my back in an Osprey Poco and sleeping on a torso length pad. But this will allow us more access to take the kids further and with the comforts to make our lives easier managing two little ones while camping and traveling. Plus, we can take new baby out camping at a much younger age with the comfort and safety of the rooftop tent.
First trip out if going to be to Niagara falls this spring. We’ll see how it goes with a then six month old baby.

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Yea I’m trying to get as much done as time allows. I’m building this to allow us to take our kids around the country (6 year old and three month old daughters) and camp in epic places. My wife and I much prefer backpacking and we started our older daughter out backpacking when she was three, riding on my back in an Osprey Poco and sleeping on a torso length pad. But this will allow us more access to take the kids further and with the comforts to make our lives easier managing two little ones while camping and traveling. Plus, we can take new baby out camping at a much younger age with the comfort and safety of the rooftop tent.
First trip out if going to be to Niagara falls this spring. We’ll see how it goes with a then six month old baby.
Sounds awesome! We will be passing through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons this weekend. I hope camping with the kids goes well! What tent are you looking at?