Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I replaced the shackles for the blocks and promptly went out in my field and did some donuts to see how it handles, i can say its a ton better no wheel hop/axle wrap and the body roll is much tighter again and bumps arent nearly as harsh as they were with the shackles. Id definately reccomend it to anyone lifting the duramax.
1580131448394893133037.jpg1580131480313646904573.jpg1580131513998811381574.jpg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Awesome! Now cut those U bolts! Haha
Not til i can either get some traction bars made or i decide to switch the bumpstops for air bags, ill have to use a shock bracket in there to hold the heim joint or bag mount. They will be my roadkill rakes for now. They still arent as low as those dumb lower shock mounts that gm brian farted on.

• Haha
Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Looks like that got hairy for a minute there...

-TJ
Yup. Definitely a soil your shorts moment. Couldn't risk him getting out of the rig or letting off the brake. With only 1 winch hooked up he slid even further towards the edge. It was one of those situations where you can feel panic welling up but you jump into action instead. Gotta take photos to document everything though. We figured it might be the last time he sees his baby in one piece. :)

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Yup. Definitely a soil your shorts moment. Couldn't risk him getting out of the rig or letting off the brake. With only 1 winch hooked up he slid even further towards the edge. It was one of those situations where you can feel panic welling up but you jump into action instead. Gotta take photos to document everything though. We figured it might be the last time he sees his baby in one piece. :)
Lol, gotta "document" everything!

-TJ

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
You sure you want to wheel with me? LOL

TJ: Dude! Put your phone away and help!
Me: But, The Gram.....
Well you need someone behind you yelling for you go just get on the gas....

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I can't afford a new front bumper and there are currently no options out there that I like so......

Chop chop chop. :)

I freehand cut the lower valance to give me a bit more clearance off-road. I originally planned to reuse the "waffle" by relocating it higher up but I'm not quite ready for that much work. So for now I just tucked the felt liner up into the wheel well and tacked it down with a few of the original screws. The next step is to buy some automotive edge trim to clean up the cut edges. I messed up the cut on the driver's side so I'll need to trim that about 1/2" higher near the wheelbut for now it looks decent.

After
20200306_105338.jpg

Before
1192019205517.jpg

20200306_103906.jpg
20200306_103614.jpg

Last edited:

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
That looks great. An approachable and tastefully executed mod, low cost, with a huge benefit to your approach angle. That's a win if ever I saw one! Nice work!

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

The angles are kindof wrong too, yours is straight in the center while mine kicks out.
Well damn. For some reason I thought they were more similar. Midwest and DV8 need to come out with bolt on "wings" that you can add to their stealth bumpers for folks who want to change things up or buy in stages.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

In hindsight I should have made a template out of card stock but I couldn't figure out how to make it work. I am going to carry the cut just a little higher up into the wheel well to smooth out the angle a bit then apply the edge trim. That will round everything off and protect the paint.

20200306_125355.jpg