Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I finally installed a k&n filter this morning and about 10 min after my wife left for work i got a text from her telling me she could feel more power and better acceleration. So i guess their claim isnt bs i need to look at what cfm the air flow sensor is pulling now, with stock filter it was around 375cfm at idle.

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I called Wulf Suspensions early this morning to verify my install and I have the shackles installed correctly but not as seen in my photos above. The H-beam should be facing the front of the truck and the open side facing the rear of the truck. I left them a message and I received a call back in under 15min. That's crazy! :)

I also made some recommendations on how to make this bracket even cleaner for the 2nd gen trucks (fits 1st and 2nd gen) and they were very responsive and asked me to send them the info. The customer service and component quality is pretty awesome so I'm glad I stumbled upon them on Amazon. The shackles would be a good fit for someone wanting 2" or 3" of lift but doesn't want the added expense of lift blocks and AALs. For $53 and something you can easily install yourself it's a win.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I called Wulf Suspensions early this morning to verify my install and I have the shackles installed correctly but not as seen in my photos above. The H-beam should be facing the front of the truck and the open side facing the rear of the truck. I left them a message and I received a call back in under 15min. That's crazy! :)

I also made some recommendations on how to make this bracket even cleaner for the 2nd gen trucks (fits 1st and 2nd gen) and they were very responsive and asked me to send them the info. The customer service and component quality is pretty awesome so I'm glad I stumbled upon them on Amazon. The shackles would be a good fit for someone wanting 2" or 3" of lift but doesn't want the added expense of lift blocks and AALs. For $53 and something you can easily install yourself it's a win.
did they send you a bunch of stickers too? I think there were 5 of em when i got mine.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Duuude, nice to see this build thread. I had wondered where you had one...

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

hahaha. HIT THE GAS MAN, common!
Here you go. Have fun :p

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I finally got around to installing a DV8 Offroad skid plate on our work Canyon. The DV8 skid is designed to work with their Canyon winch bumper so to make it work on a stock bumper I had to do a little cutting with an angle grinder and drill 2 new holes for the bumper cover. In all it's a pretty easy modification but because I can't hold my arms above my heart for more than 20sec or so at a time while under the truck it was more difficult for me. The average Joe should have no problem making it fit. For $138.88 I don't mind doing the work to make it fit.

Make the right side match the left. This photo was taken before the final cut.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
You may be interested in this support.
Several owner have bent the crap out of the OEM support, this one fits over the oem and is about 300% stronger. Took me about 20 min to install because I have a set of Super Skidz to dropout of the way.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

You may be interested in this support.
Several owner have bent the crap out of the OEM support, this one fits over the oem and is about 300% stronger. Took me about 20 min to install because I have a set of Super Skidz to dropout of the way.
Thanks man! I've been looking at that. Mine hasn't fully bent yet but I can see it starting to deform and it's only going to get worse. I love that 589Fab is always coming out with useful stuff!

For the work truck I won't bother. It doesn't see any rock crawling action like mine does. My coworker hit some pretty deep mud this last winter and ripped the factory plastic "skid" off so instead of buying a new plastic unit I got the DV8 for a similar price.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Here is a pic after I installed the 589 support.

Here's my Super Skidz, these are a full coverage skid unlike the other manufacturers I see. So far the only draw back is they can act like a snow board in very deep snow. Some times I have to go over windfall trees and I just feel better with it covered frame rail to frame rail. All three skidz are just under 100lbs.

I was concerned that full coverage would cause higher trans temps but that has not happened. I try and keep them pressure washed when they have been in mud. I use Chem Guys undercarriage protection, it helps with clean up.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I got my winch wired up this evening after work. It's operational now but I need to make a mounting bracket to hold the control box. I found a nice spot for it that will keep the wireless on/off switch and the connection for the wired input up front and easy to access. I was worked after connecting the wires to the back of the winch without removing the winch from the cradle so I had to call it a day. Zip ties will hold the controller for now. lol

I'll make a bracket and mount the controller box right here.
20190725_193104.jpg

20190725_193126.jpg

Reactions: ChasingOurTrunks

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I added yellow film over my 4" LED ditch lights last week but never tried them out at night to see how they look. I did a quick drive around the block and all I can say is wow! The glare off the hood is a non-issue now and I can actually use the lights without them hurting my long distance night vision. The output may be slightly lower but it could also just be my reaction to a warmer color light vs. the extreme white they used to be.

The color (when looking at the pods) is a muted yellow compared to my yellow/amber LED bulbs in the fog lights but I don't care if they match perfectly. If you ever see both on at the same time then you're out wheeling with me and won't care if my lights match.

Next time I'll buy yellow ditch lights or at least a premium brand that comes with yellow lens covers.

20190727_213946.jpeg20190727_214111.jpeg

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
That winch bumper looks awesome. As do the yellowed lights. You should let us know how you like them, I’ve never used amber lights before on trails so I’m curious to how you’ll like them