2016 Toyota Tundra Multi Phase Build

• HTML tutorial

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Nice ride with the continuing upgrades CFT.

King Shocks finally built and arrived for my 2017 Gray Ghost which is going UP literally starting on May 24th. Having a barn built literally as we speak for gear storage space and spot to park an Off Road trailer that will be a not to distant future purchase.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

@Keith McAlister Nice!! What trailer are you leaning towards?
Kinda open ended right now. Wife likes the Hiker Trailer as do I so if we were pushed right now, high probability it would be Hiker. There are other trailers that have my interest and some although nice are still a bit pricey. Mostly focused on getting my Tundra closer to what I want and maybe next year the Trailer will be the focus.

Wife and I are likely retiring next year and we have lots of trip ideas across the US and Canada so a good trailer set up is going to come in handy. Even more so with our time being our own.

Reactions: tundra21

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

11797.jpg

4 inch lift. King shocks all the way around but King sent wrong shocks. Using factory coilovers on front and Pro Comp on rear while King builds new front and rear adjustable shocks. Next up, modify under bed spare for 35 tire and eventually swing gate spare on bumper and then 35 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers or BFG KM3's all the way around.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Your Tundra is looking good Keith.
Thanks. Myself, an FJ and Jeep ran Blue Ridge WMA starting at Nimblewill, Cooper Creek WMA/Duncan Ridge, Wolf Creek and Helton Creek where to our absolute shock we saw a Tesla off road. That was a first. We got in 50 plus miles off road and to my delight, the highway ride to and from was just as good as the factory ride was. The Kings should be just as good on highway but be something else off road.

xtrmoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

i am so stoked to have found this thread. i am looking at buying a 2016 Toyota Tundra 1794 4x4 with TRD Off Road package and build it up for overlanding adventure, but hesitant. i just started reading this thread and now i am sure i want to get a Tundra. thank you all for the responses.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

i am so stoked to have found this thread. i am looking at buying a 2016 Toyota Tundra 1794 4x4 with TRD Off Road package and build it up for overlanding adventure, but hesitant. i just started reading this thread and now i am sure i want to get a Tundra. thank you all for the responses.
You will never look back after buying the Tundra! DO IT!!

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Decided to get some new wheels for the truck. Saw these at expo west and couldn’t stop thinking about them! Should have them on the truck next week with a few upgrades to the electrical system as well!

Upcoming Mods:
REDARC BCDC 40amp solar ready charger
BLUE SEA M2 controller.

Will be at Mid Atlantic Overland Festival next week!

726491BA-36A0-4163-A275-5DA62D634E15.jpeg

864FEB17-001C-44FE-A2DC-1C348AC8BD87.jpeg

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Yes, you will not be disappointed. I have yet to find a negative that outweighs the positives of going to the full size Tundra. The power of the 5.7 will make you giddy like a schoolgirl for years to come.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xtrmoverland

tundra21

Rank V

Advocate III

Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stein
Member #

View attachment 57292

4 inch lift. King shocks all the way around but King sent wrong shocks. Using factory coilovers on front and Pro Comp on rear while King builds new front and rear adjustable shocks. Next up, modify under bed spare for 35 tire and eventually swing gate spare on bumper and then 35 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers or BFG KM3's all the way around.
Who's cap did you get?

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Got the truck back today, news wheels are on the truck! I really like the color and style with the look of the truck. Put on a new set of Nitto Ridge Graplers in 37s, was going to try the BFG KM3 but they don’t make them in a 37x12.5R20.

Also had the REDARC BC/DC controller installed will keep updates on how well it maintains the House batteries. Running the REDARC in tandem with the national Luna isolator I was previously running as well as the dual battery controller/Monitor for the Cab. The Blue Sea M2 controller was also installed and gives the whole electrical set up in the rear a much cleaner and user friendly experience.

E9B9EDA0-F723-4511-86AF-F0C0A850C695.jpeg

CC8FDC22-780F-45BB-8575-AAEBDBCE96BD.jpeg

D998CBC2-8E19-4862-A563-6D2B6DF1306E.jpeg