• HTML tutorial

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Who's cap did you get?
Sorry for the late reply. The cap is a Leer Cap. Nothing wrong with Leer but my advice is to do more research as I wished I had. Was unaware of so much more in options. May have gotten the Leer anyway but I would feel better having done more due diligence. My one reservation on the Leer is the question regarding installing a RTT. I'm getting a lot of conflicting information if the cap will or will not support the weight. To error on the side of caution or overkill, pick your poison, I've spoken with a fabricator who can build me an exo skeleton to fit over the top yet transfer any weight onto truck instead of the cap. Another option is to bite the bullet and get a different cap or go the off-road trailer route with RTT on trailer (the serious direction I'm leaning) and leave the cap as it is. This allows the cap and truck roof to be used for some storage but mostly as platform for solar panels. I

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

Got the truck back today, news wheels are on the truck! I really like the color and style with the look of the truck. Put on a new set of Nitto Ridge Graplers in 37s, was going to try the BFG KM3 but they don’t make them in a 37x12.5R20.

Also had the REDARC BC/DC controller installed will keep updates on how well it maintains the House batteries. Running the REDARC in tandem with the national Luna isolator I was previously running as well as the dual battery controller/Monitor for the Cab. The Blue Sea M2 controller was also installed and gives the whole electrical set up in the rear a much cleaner and user friendly experience.

View attachment 64212

View attachment 64213

View attachment 64214
Nice upgrades since we last talked. One question on the brakes you installed. Been some time now so what are your thoughts/opinion at this point on the brakes and rotors?

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Nice upgrades since we last talked. One question on the brakes you installed. Been some time now so what are your thoughts/opinion at this point on the brakes and rotors?
The EBC set up is definitely better then stock but no where close to enough to keep up with the 37s and the weight of the truck. Main reason we went with the 20s over the 18s is to upgrade to the Toyota or Brembo big brake kit.

Reactions: Keith McAlister

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

The other option would be to go with a very aggressive brake pad from someone like carbotech or hawk. Thats what I've done in my Raptor but the trade off with doing that is the more aggressive the brake pad the more dust and noise you're going to have to deal with, pad and rotor replacement will also be more frequent.

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Ya that’s definitely an option, I want to say the EBC upgrade was around a 1k all around , the big brake kit is around 4K for front and rear but the larger pistons should cut down on wear and the need to have to replace often.

xtrmoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Nice! Some really good upgrades on this list! I saw that you were looking at the magnum rear bumper have you checked out Expedition One? They have a few good options for the front and rear bumpers
i did look at the Expedition One bumpers, i decided to go with the bumpers i have ordered now for a few things...for the rear i wanted to put the same swing away arm that JTP "Big Black Moose" built which i saw at Tundra4x4 forum and i wanted the option to be able to keep back-up and traffic sensors if i can...

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

X\O just released video of their Tundra build. Popped them an email asking more info on the fabricator who built their washer tank and battery mount for dual batteries. Also interesting to see them going Redarc, better call IMO, after their past loyalty to National Luna dual battery components. Enjoy.

Reactions: CFTAdventures

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

X\O just released video of their Tundra build. Popped them an email asking more info on the fabricator who built their washer tank and battery mount for dual batteries. Also interesting to see them going Redarc, better call IMO, after their past loyalty to National Luna dual battery components. Enjoy.

I’ll keep the post updated on the performance of the REDARC, curious to see how it maintains the accessory battery. Hopes are we pull into camp closer to 14 volts rather then 13.

Also from what I have read the solar controller in the unit is very good.

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Did they ever reply to you on the info for the dual battery tray?

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

This mod has nothing to do with the trucks capabilities but I will say having a great sound system while on a trip makes a big difference!

Decided to upgrade the trucks Kicker KS Speakers to a set of Morel Hybrid speakers! These things were worth every penny lol!

5E8D3BB3-510C-4732-8876-8E75422DF9B1.jpeg

xtrmoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Update on build...

Installed:
Rear bumper
Diff breather relocate
Skid plates
CargoGlide
Snugtop Rebel with reinforced roof
ABS armor

On order:
ICON suspensions with CDC front & back
ICON Delta Joint UCA
ICON Leaf pack
Nitto Grappler 35x12.5x17
ICON Rebound wheels
Front bumper
Viair OBA
Swing away tire carrier
Rock slider

Check out this build @

http://buildprint.io/builds/12613.xtrmoverland-tundra-16

xtrmoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Finally had a few things done...still waiting for suspension lift, wheels and 35s on order, but on-board air, dual battery and other accessories are progressing...i can post my Viair Dual OBA setup if anubody is interestedIMG_20181124_115157~2.jpeg

Reactions: Jimmy P