2016 Nor-Cal OTG Rally 2.0 Convoy

• HTML tutorial

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

The OTG Rally 2.0 is only 3 months away and I thought we should start talking about a convoy to the Rally. Since a lot of members live across the Bay Area and parts of Nor Cal. I think we should pick a location/time for everyone to meet. I've listed a few members here that I know are going. If I forgot anyone, please add your name to the list with your recommendation for a meeting spot.

2016 Nor-Cal OTG Rally Convoy Update:
We have 14 days left to the start of the 2016 OTG Rally. Here's a updated list of Rigs and a map of the route from Madera to Camp Edison.

Gilroy Convoy meeting spot will be at the Kohl's Parking lot next to Starbucks in Gilroy between 7:00am-7:30am. Its on Camino Arroyo and HWY 152 (south side of HWY 152) A shell gas station is on the corner for anyone needing to gas up. From there, we will make a stop in Madera's Walmart parking lot to meet up with the rest of the Convoy.

Gilroy Convoy.jpg

Madera Convoy to Camp Edison, Shaver Lake meet time is between 9:30 -10:00am at the Madera Walmart parking lot so we can hook up with Gilroy Convoy , Napa Convoy and Sacramento Convoy. There is a Chevron gas station on the right as you exit HWY 99 onto W. Cleveland Ave, Madera. A Mobil gas station is located on the East side of HWY 99 on W. Cleveland and N. Gate Way Dr.

From Madera we will take W. Cleveland Ave > E. Cleveland Ave > HWY 145 > Right on R0ad 206 > Left onto Millerton R0ad > Left on Auburry Road > to Prather Shell gas station to fill up > then straight to Road 168 to Camp Edison, Shaver lake. If everything is on schedule, then we should be pulling into the Edison Campsite (OB Campsite) around 1200pm. The times are not set in stone so I think we can take it nice and slow for the older Rigs and for those that are towing a trailer.

CB channel 16
HAM 146.460
FRS 7-462.7125

Madera to Shaver.jpg

https://goo.gl/maps/hWPfwHKBP5H2

Gilroy Convoy

1. Mike G - San Jose
2. @Meta6981 - San Jose
3. @JJsanchez - ?
4. @Spyduh - San Jose
5. @kkauweloa - San Jose
6. @picklejuice - Palo Alto
7. @Scott Bastian - San Jose
8. @Keat - Livermore
9. @Michael Joel & Renee - Livermore
10. @Disco2Guy - San Francisco
11. @prince1990 - San Francisco
12. @Rob - Fremont
13. @markye412 - Milpitas
14. @ce4460 - Washington State
15. @ravenplague - Santa Cruz
16. @JesseG. - Home is where u park it, CA

Sacramento Convoy
17. @O.Dfj
18. @Unplanned Overland

Will be joining the convoy in Madera
19. @Mademan925
20. @daPitbull - Oakland

Last edited:

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

For me I was thinking we can all meet up in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Madera, CA. There we can buy supplies, get gas and coffee. Here's the route I was thinking of taking. I've taken this route before and it's a quick way to get to Shaver Lake. Meet up time would be 9:30-10:00am Friday Sept 23rd.

https://goo.gl/maps/LkYaLtie2MK2

Last edited:

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Mini convoys to giant convoy lol im down
Us further north will mini convoy to your spot @Mike G
I'm thinking meet at the Walmart in Suisun and take highway 12 East to 99 South to meet with @Mike G https://goo.gl/maps/Ex49yjXfnAB2

This would require our group up here to leave Walmart by 7am! :grin: That puts us at the OTG rally by noon. What say you @707nick , @Northern_XS , and @stoney126 ? @O.Dfj we can merge with you and the Sacramento crew somewhere along highway 99.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Anyone doing boot camp? I'm also wondering if volunteers will be needed. I offered up to drive my truck to help haul some stuff there and back but not sure they would need it or not. If all that falls through then I'm down for the convoy.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

So for us local locals in the 916 (@Mirek @O.Dfj and whoever else), we are thinking super mini convoy down 99 into Elk Grove and we can meet there then convoy to the other convoy and then roll with the larger convoy into the mother convoy.
Hahahaha that's alotta convoy

Reactions: Byron Eby

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

What are you guys using for communication? CB or FRS? I've been meaning to buy a CB myself.
Cb here. I've got a cobra radio if anyone wants to borrow it. Needs a power cable. Also got an swm meter also if anyone needseen to tune.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

So for us local locals in the 916 (@Mirek @O.Dfj and whoever else), we are thinking super mini convoy down 99 into Elk Grove and we can meet there then convoy to the other convoy and then roll with the larger convoy into the mother convoy.
We will need to meet up at 7 am in elk grove to meet up with the rest of the convoys in madera by 9:30