Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'll be bringing beer. If some were brought, I'd be interested in local micros, something hard to get outside the local area. Always nice to experiment. Definitely save $ if you can though.

Reactions: stoney126

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I was thinking..(not always a good idea but).. Since we are arriving at camp so early on Friday, I think it would be really cool if we did some type of informal classes or presentations. I would love to learn more about first aid from an emt/ paramedic, learn about solar panels for our rigs, using high lift jack, navigating with a compass etc. Im not even sure if there are things planned for Friday but just a thought.
What about a swap meet? Patches, spare parts, tools, etc. maybe better for another time. Would be cool though. I always need something (according to my better half).

ravenplague

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Santa Cruz, CA
Member #

I can demonstrate how to use a highlift and walk people though the solar setup on my truck or trailer.
Yes!! I would also really like that. So far you have two students who are ready! If more people volunteer to teach , we could make a schedule after the time we get there and set up and dinner.

Reactions: ce4460

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

What about a swap meet? Patches, spare parts, tools, etc. maybe better for another time. Would be cool though. I always need something (according to my better half).
I like a swap meet idea. Maybe for small stuff and swag. I imagine most folks will be pretty packed. Hmmmmm annual OB swap meet/rig show& BBQ for the bigger stuff?

And I'd like to see that hi lift demo as well.

Reactions: ce4460

ravenplague

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Santa Cruz, CA
Member #

Lets do a swap meet too ! I have some stuff that i would rather hook up OB members than ebay. Lets see how this pans out with the Norcal crew then propose it the other caravans especially if we have more 'teachers' willing to volunteer.

I have been trying to get a hold of Mike or Corrie for the form to fill out once you pay, but Mike did say that if i payed i'm good. This means , i don't have a schedule of events, if there is one. If we do get more teachers we can create a schedule of who is doing what when .

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Hey brother, the convoy is going to be pretty big and that's a lot of beer to buy for the group. I'm sure everyone will agree that you should save that money for next year's OTG RALLY.
Oh we'll manage. I strongly think everyone needs one when they pull up, get checked in and go set up their camp!

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Man this sounds and by the looks of it going to be an awesome fun trip. I'm a newbie to the overland scene and live in FL but I promise I'll make it out to one of these convoys with the wifey and boys to meet up with you all, explore, and have a good time. You all have fun and be safe out their. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji482][emoji482]

Mademan925

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

discovery bay, ca 94505
Member #

For me I was thinking we can all meet up in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Madera, CA. There we can buy supplies, get gas and coffee. Here's the route I was thinking of taking. I've taken this route before and it's a quick way to get to Shaver Lake. Meet up time would be 9:30-10:00am Friday Sept 23rd.

https://goo.gl/maps/LkYaLtie2MK2

If the plan is to meetup at the walmart in Madera at 9:30. count me in.

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Hey convoy, i wanted to ask if someone might have an air compressor i could use on site to reinflate after the trails?