• HTML tutorial

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Copying my build from another forum.

Well I finally got my 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock. Took just over a month from order to delivery. Previously I was in a 2013 Sport, loved every minute of it, but always wanted a Rubicon. I also wanted to build it from the ground up the way that I wanted, instead of doing the lift financed through the dealer like I did with my 2013.

The 2013 was named Squatch, I thought it was fitting because it was huge, white and I live in Minnesota. The 2015 will be named Mjolnir after Thor's hammer. I'm a Thor fan, and thought it would be a good name.

I've already got a few things ordered and waiting to go on, however I'm going to enjoy this one in its stock form for a while. I enjoy researching all of the parts I'll be putting on, and I have a pretty extensive list broken down into stages that I'll put in the next post. If anyone has any questions as to why I chose this over that, feel free to ask. I'll also be posting as many pictures as I can of the progress. And with that if you have any picture requests feel free to ask for those as well.

I took a few pictures this morning while I was putting the grab handles on. Sorry for the cell phone pictures, I just moved and haven't unpacked my camera yet.

Love this hood!

Gauges are pretty cool too!

These also light up red when the lights are on!

Didn't even know this was on the bumper.

Reactions: Fellow Jeeper

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

This is the list I have put together for the moment. It is constantly changing. When I order something I will update this post with what I've ordered.

Stage 1
EVO Protek Skid System
Shrockworks Rock Sliders
Riddler 2 Differential Covers & LubeLocker Package
ARB Wrangler JK 2012-13, Air Compressor & EVO Mounting Bracket Package---Ordered 11/27/15
SPod Jeep JK 2012-13, 6 Switch, Double Light Contura Rocker Switches & Source System - 600-12LT (All Red Switches) ---Ordered 8/14/15
EVO Manufacturing JK Evo Front Control Arm Skids – EVO1005 -------- Ordered 3/27/15
EVO Manufacturing JK Evo Rear Lower Control Arm Skids - EVO1039 - Ordered 3/27/15
Trailgater Bolt-on Tailgate Table for Jeep JK with Cutting Board
Poison Spyder JK Lower A-Pillar Light Mounts - Pair ------------------- Ordered 3/27/15
Genesis Offroad Dual Battery Kit with 200 Amp Isolator
DieHard Advanced Gold AGM Battery - Group Size 34 (x2)
2011-Current Full Width JKE-DOCK -------------------------Ordered 5/12/15
Tuffy JK Conceal Carry Security Drawer
Maximus-3 Rubicon Hard Rock Winch Mount Package-----------Ordered 10/10/15
Spidertrax 1.5” Wheel Spacers ----------------------------------- Ordered 2/10/15
Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Stock Mod System Kit --------------------- Ordered 3/19/215
Rock Krawler JK Bomb Proof Adjustable Rear Track Bar ------- Ordered 3/19/15
Crown JK Extended Brake Lines ---------------------------------- Ordered 3/19/15

Stage 2
AEV JK Tire Carrier
Interco BirdDog 17x9 5x5 4.50” BS, Nitto Trail Grappler MT 35x12.50R17E, TPMS Sensor, Package Deal x5
Synergy MFG Jeep JK Chromoly Tie Rod
Synergy MFG Jeep JK High Steer Drag Link
Synergy MFG Jeep JK Front Track Bar Brace & Sector Brace
Artec Industries JK 07-15 Front Axle ARMOR KIT Dana 44
Fox Racing Shox JK 2.0 Evolution Series Steering Stabilizer

Stage 3
Coast JK 1310 Front Drive Shaft
Coast JK 1310 Rear 4 Door Drive Shaft
Rigid Industries SR2 10 Inch - Combo - 91131
Rigid Industries Dually LED Lights - Flush Mount - Diffused - Pair
RCV Ultimate Dana 44 JK Rubicon Front Axle Set
Reid JK Steering Knuckle Left Side
Reid JK Steering Knuckle Right Side
Metalcloak JK Duroflex Control Arms Full Set

Stage 4
GOBI JK 4 Door Stealth Roof Rack W/ 40” Light Bar Ready
GOBI JK Ladder Driver Side
GOBI JK Wind Deflector
GOBI JK Roof Rack Sun Roof Insert
GOBI JK Ax/Shovel Attachment
Rugged Ridge JK 11-2013, A-Pillar Switch Pod, 4 Switch Capacity
Rigid Industries E2 40" - Combo - 14231
OFFROAD ELEMENTS M8 STEALTH LIMB RISER KIT
AEV JK 2012-14, 3.6L, Snorkel Kit With Ram Air & Gen II Pre-Filter
Vision X HIL-STW Superwhite LED Strobe and Rock Light Kit
AEV Fuel Caddy

I also ordered a ComeUp Seal Gen2 9.5rsi winch on 8/14/15

Last edited:

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Put in my heated Truck-Lites, tail light guards, and stubby antenna today. Also loaded up the Jeep recovery bag that came with the Hard Rock package

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Installed the sill plates. If you don't have these I highly recommend them. I scratched the crap out of the door sill on my 2013 just getting in and out.

Here are a few pictures of the install. It was super easy and probably took about 5 minutes.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Installed the Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock Mod. In total it took about 9 hours start to finish to install the lift, front and rear trackbars, exhaust spacers and wheel spacers. Not too bad if you ask me.

My nephews and my girlfriend were helpers getting us wrenches and sockets as we needed them. My brother and I did most of the install, and a buddy of mine came over just in time to start the rear.

I gained about 3.5-4" up front and about 2.5 in the rear. It sits surprisingly level though.

Comparing stock to Rock Krawler.

Got the wheels off, and ready to start taking it apart.

I have no idea what exactly I'm taking apart here, but it's more tear down.

All removed.

Gotta love rust on a 3 week old vehicle.

New springs in.

New springs and shocks in.

Front done.

Rear all taken apart and ready to go.

Springs and shocks in.

Rear done.

View from the rear.

Reactions: SLO Rob

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

18515 said:
I love Jeep builds. I can’t wait to watch it come together!
Thanks! It's coming together nicely so far. I've had it out on a few trips, and I've been really impressed with the Rock Krawler suspension so far. Seems to handle the weight really well, and rides very nice.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

18517 said:
Nice build list! Did the RK lift come with Bilstein 5100 shocks? Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
It did as part of the kit that Northridge had. Normally they either don't come with shocks or you can add the RK shocks themselves.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Was driving home from the doctor today and had to go over some railroad tracks as I was getting into a left hand turn lane. Went over them probably faster than I should have, and the rear trackbar relocation bracket bolt came loose. The bracket comes with a bolt to tie it to the factory location and requires it to be welded, but I haven't had a chance to get it welded yet. Need to get that done sooner rather than later now.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Very nice, I love Jeeps. Too bad they are so expensive to drive and buy here in Holland. I only could afford a 20 year old one or so. Better even a 40 year old one.

Greetings from Robert

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Finally got around to installing my sPod and the Rigid D2 Duallys I had from my old build. Mounted them on the a-pillar this time around. The sPod instructions aren't great which made it irritating to install. It's tough to see in the pictures but the switches light up red.