2015 Rubicon Hard Rock Build Mjolnir

• HTML tutorial

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Well after the trip we took last weekend I definitely learned a few things but so far everything I've done to the Jeep performed flawlessly. The JKE-Dock performed well. The tablet with Backcountry Navigator did well also. However the tablet is just a little small for the RAM mount and rattled the whole time so now I'm looking I to option so to fix that.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Installed a ComeUp Seal Gen2 9.5rsi winch, and was working on installing an ARB air compressor but realized when I got to the electrical that I needed another harness to hook it up to the sPod.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Installed a ComeUp Seal Gen2 9.5rsi winch, and was working on installing an ARB air compressor but realized when I got to the electrical that I needed another harness to hook it up to the sPod.
Depending on how you want to set up your compressor, you don't need the extra harness for the sPOD. I went tank less and put an adjustable pressure valve on then that eliminated the extra harness and wiring. I have the pressure valve set to about 70 psi normally and I turn it on and let it run. The pressure valve blows off extra pressure to avoid damaging the compressor and nothing else is needed but a positive and negative from the sPOD. Of course this is different if you're going for a tank as it needs to have a shutoff. Just thought I'd mention it.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Depending on how you want to set up your compressor, you don't need the extra harness for the sPOD. I went tank less and put an adjustable pressure valve on then that eliminated the extra harness and wiring. I have the pressure valve set to about 70 psi normally and I turn it on and let it run. The pressure valve blows off extra pressure to avoid damaging the compressor and nothing else is needed but a positive and negative from the sPOD. Of course this is different if you're going for a tank as it needs to have a shutoff. Just thought I'd mention it.
Good to know. I'm horrible with wiring, hence the reason I got the sPOD. I'll most likely buy the harness since it's not too expensive and will hopefully save me a headache.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Apparently it's been a while since I've posted on this.

Hung out with some Jeep buddies today. We installed a new gastank and skid in an XJ (no pictures) and did some welding on my JK.

Sorry if the pictures look a little wonky. I'm working on getting out of auto mode on my DSLR and playing around in manual mode. Also some of them are from my phone.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Well I upgraded to a fridge with a group buy through an overland group I'm part of here in Minnesota. I need to save money for the wedding and a house, but it's been far too long since I've done something for the Jeep. Any suggestions on what should come next?

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I got the approval to do a dual battery system. After doing some research, I ended up going with the 200 amp kit from Genesis Offroad. I was going to do the 85 amp kit, but they said to go the size of the alternator, and even though they say that they're way overrated, my alternator is 160 amp. So for $40 more I decided to go with it, just to make sure I was covered. I'm sure it's overkill, but that just means I can add more stuff, right?

The dual battery purchase/install is going to be spread over a couple of months to help ease the total cost. I'm going to have it installed before our trip in June, hopefully a little earlier so I can give it a good test before that trip.

Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
I have the genesis with optima yellow tops. Works flawlessly. Now if you haven't got them yet go to a place called over the river and through the woods "otrttw" and get rocker switch replacements. They are top notch lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I have the genesis with optima yellow tops. Works flawlessly. Now if you haven't got them yet go to a place called over the river and through the woods "otrttw" and get rocker switch replacements. They are top notch lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
I plan to once I decide everything I'm going to hook up. Could probably get one for the compressor already though.