2015 Rubicon Hard Rock Build Mjolnir

• HTML tutorial

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Got the Genesis Dual Battery kit installed over the weekend. Once I can remember my Photobucket login info I'll post some pictures.

Wasn't too bad of an install, took me about 2.5 hours from start to finish by myself. The worst part was the factory wiring harness, and getting the cables to the batteries connected in a semi-okay fashion. The instructions weren't too bad, and I thought some of the things were pretty humorous eg. It will fit.

I was happy and shocked when the Jeep started up right away, so now I won't have to worry about running the fridge overnight, and any of my other accessories. Definitely happy I bought it.

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Pictures as promised.

The battery I decided to go with.

At the point of no return. Old battery tray, fuse box, and air box out. So much room!

New battery tray, batteries, fuse box, and air box back in.

Reactions: dj_mccomas

ovrlndr

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Broom
Member #

Pictures as promised.

The battery I decided to go with.

At the point of no return. Old battery tray, fuse box, and air box out. So much room!

New battery tray, batteries, fuse box, and air box back in.
Nice. Did you get the G-screen as well?

This is on my "to do" list prior to getting a fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

ovrlndr

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Broom
Member #

One thing on racks - you may want to consider the Rhino Rack Backbone system with Pioneer Platform before locking in your order. I've got a couple of friends running the Rhino Rack (I'll be ordering one soon as well). It's hella strong (over 800 lbs static load and about 350 lbs dynamic load). RR makes the platform AEV uses on their racks. You do have to drill into the hard top, which turns some off to the product, but if it's done right, it's not an issue. Rack comes off with the top.

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
Any good suggestions on racks that attach to the roll bars without a hard top? I just love having that top off when I go out, but want a RTT without a trailer. Have my cake and eat it too! Didn't mean to hijack the thread toxicity_27!

toxicity_27

Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Nice. Did you get the G-screen as well?

This is on my "to do" list prior to getting a fridge.

I did not get the G-screen at this time. I may think about getting it later though since it seems to be pretty handy. I was already stretching my budget with the batteries and kit.

One thing on racks - you may want to consider the Rhino Rack Backbone system with Pioneer Platform before locking in your order. I've got a couple of friends running the Rhino Rack (I'll be ordering one soon as well). It's hella strong (over 800 lbs static load and about 350 lbs dynamic load). RR makes the platform AEV uses on their racks. You do have to drill into the hard top, which turns some off to the product, but if it's done right, it's not an issue. Rack comes off with the top.

I'm not a fan of the ones that go through the hard top. They are streamlined and look nice, but I like to run a soft top in the summer and take it off. For my requirements they don't work, but they do seem like nice racks.

Any good suggestions on racks that attach to the roll bars without a hard top? I just love having that top off when I go out, but want a RTT without a trailer. Have my cake and eat it too! Didn't mean to hijack the thread toxicity_27!

No worries! I'm not sure there is a rack that will attach to the roll bars without having the hard top there.