Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Well, I am looking forward to seeing this amazing setup at the West Expo. You will probably get as many viewers of your work as the vendors. No trailer for the trip, hopefully this years' event has better weather than in the past - rain and snow. Fingers crossed for sunny weather.

Reactions: Scott K

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley Springs, WV, USA
First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
Well, I am looking forward to seeing this amazing setup at the West Expo. You will probably get as many viewers of your work as the vendors. No trailer for the trip, hopefully this years' event has better weather than in the past - rain and snow. Fingers crossed for sunny weather.
Thanks you for the compliments.......Yeah when I went in 15, I could have done without all the rain and snow, however due to those conditions I am better prepared. No such thing as bad weather, just bad gear, I learned a lot from that trip.

In regards to the trailer, I travel 95 % of the time by myself. The trailer sometimes limits the areas I am willing to explore on my own.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Awesome, so you already know how our weather can change from good to bad rather quickly. You are right about gear and being prepared, as the last time we camped in Flagstaff it rained out most everyone at the campground. All of the stores were sold out of mud boots and tarps.

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
Awesome, so you already know how our weather can change from good to bad rather quickly. You are right about gear and being prepared, as the last time we camped in Flagstaff it rained out most everyone at the campground. All of the stores were sold out of mud boots and tarps.
Absolutely...........hoping for nice weather this time around. IMG_20150515_205851.jpg IMG_20150529_134624.jpg
IMG_2884.JPG

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Really enjoyed reading thru this. Super well thought out build, and more function than flash. Keep up the great work!

-Chris
OB# 3276
CP TACO

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Looks like the rear axle has a very small leak/spray of oil coming out above the oil fill plug location. Check to make sure that your vent is not clogged and causing pressure to build up inside the axle housing.

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
Looks like the rear axle has a very small leak/spray of oil coming out above the oil fill plug location. Check to make sure that your vent is not clogged and causing pressure to build up inside the axle housing.
Thanks, I will check the vent, good idea....

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
Checked it and replaced the clamp...........seemed fine. I will keep an eye on it.

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Awesome build! my 17 comes over to England in July and you have done most of what I have in mind! Going to mount my JB on the Rhino Rack system and avoid a trailer however and will probably do the whole rear in Goose, loving their side cubbies. I want to really thank you for the solid photos of the full rear seat delete, I have been digging for ages!

Also I found these, seeing as we think alike and you are constantly looking to maximize usage of space I think you could appreciate them as well.. Also congrats on the spare basket, looking at LODs destroyer tire carrier for my version of it! Keep building!

Rebel Offroad makes them and yes they will do fine on the Unlimited!
Rebel Offroad, Fuel Storage.jpg

Reactions: Graeman and Scott K

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
Awesome build! my 17 comes over to England in July and you have done most of what I have in mind! Going to mount my JB on the Rhino Rack system and avoid a trailer however and will probably do the whole rear in Goose, loving their side cubbies. I want to really thank you for the solid photos of the full rear seat delete, I have been digging for ages!

Also I found these, seeing as we think alike and you are constantly looking to maximize usage of space I think you could appreciate them as well.. Also congrats on the spare basket, looking at LODs destroyer tire carrier for my version of it! Keep building!

Rebel Offroad makes them and yes they will do fine on the Unlimited!
View attachment 20721
Thanks. Good luck with your build, looking forward to pics and progress............I have seen those from Rebel. I would love if someone made the gull-wing window boxes like they have for the Land Rovers.

The rear seat delete is great, and took about 15 minutes to put in. It mounts to the existing seat bolts.
I did take some additional pics. I will post them up.

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

That is killer, and I noticed you already have a setup for the rear cargo space, if we get this kit does it flatten from the rear seats to the tailgate or is this just for the space where the seats are and we have to buy the other sections?

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
That is killer, and I noticed you already have a setup for the rear cargo space, if we get this kit does it flatten from the rear seats to the tailgate or is this just for the space where the seats are and we have to buy the other sections?
You would also need the other platform for the rear of the jeep, it ties into the rear seat platform. If that makes sense. Here is the one behind the rear seat. This is from their site

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

It seems my avatar is ringing true, ah well I have folks coming out in November So I can do the rear and the cubbies before then, and then once they are back in the states I won't have a need for the rear seats and can finish it all off with the seat delete!