2014 JK Unlimited X, with not much X left.....SOLD

• HTML tutorial

SNWOWL

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento CA
Member #

Killer JK @maxcustody![emoji1362] Quick question: how many inches does the Rhino Rack add to the JK? I want to go with that roof rack system but I'm trying to see if my JK will continue to fit in the garage if I do install it. Very much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Scott K

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley Springs, WV, USA
First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
Killer JK @maxcustody![emoji1362] Quick question: how many inches does the Rhino Rack add to the JK? I want to go with that roof rack system but I'm trying to see if my JK will continue to fit in the garage if I do install it. Very much appreciated!

Thanks.....I measured and it adds at least 5 inches.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Did you do anything with the coil springs to beef up the load capacity, my 2011 sits low when loaded. Great build by the way

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
Did you do anything with the coil springs to beef up the load capacity, my 2011 sits low when loaded. Great build by the way
Thanks. Yes I have changed the suspension out to OME heavy duty coil springs front and rear. Rear coils are 660 lbs I believe..........

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP

I checked out your IG account and sent request. I am explorr_texas....................

Reactions: SNWOWL

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

I was looking at that rack too. I just traded my Trektop for a hard top and was looking for a rack. I liked that rack but just didn't like the whole idea of drilling into the top for the through bolts to the supports on the inside... Have you had any leaking problems with it, and which part number did you have to get? I am torn between this and the Baja Designs rack.

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
I was looking at that rack too. I just traded my Trektop for a hard top and was looking for a rack. I liked that rack but just didn't like the whole idea of drilling into the top for the through bolts to the supports on the inside... Have you had any leaking problems with it, and which part number did you have to get? I am torn between this and the Baja Designs rack.
Absolutely no problems. I had Ok4wd do the install. I wanted to have the install done right, too expensive to make a mistake. Not sure on part numbers

Absolutely no problems. I had Ok4wd do the install. I wanted to have the install done right, too expensive to make a mistake. Not sure on part numbers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheRubiconLife

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Augusta, GA
Member #

Great looking rig. With all the extra weight, have you had to change out your springs? Really like how you have the back set up. I am just getting into overland and am trying to figure out how to set up my Jeep. Yours is a real nice example of what I would like to do.