Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Hello everyone from Russia!
I’m sorry, my friends... Does anyone know what happened with David @finlayforprez ? He is OK?
Hello my friend! I am just fine, but got rid of social media completely - including Instagram. I saw an email come through with your reply, but I have not even been on OB in almost 2 years! I hope you are well and having a good winter.

Send me a message on here and I’ll share my contact information.

Reactions: WAYAWAY

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

He's all good but in a Land Cruiser now as he parted ways with his beloved LR4. You can check him out on Instagram under the same name.
Hey @gulfstreamchris . I don’t have Instagram anymore, deleted it last year. I think that’s why Eugene was looking for me as we usually connected on that. How are you? I’m up in Shreveport.

Reactions: Eugene_RUS

ajkenned

Rank II

Contributor III

Squamish, BC, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Not sure if you still check OB, but I'm curious about the hole in the stock light switch plate cover. Are there components in there that I need to be mindful of damaging when drilling through it? I'm looking to put at least one switch, but more in the space above the fog light switches next to the dashboard light dimmer.

Are there any diagrams online regarding the internals for this component?

Thanks!
Andrew

Front Bumper, Winch, and Off-road Lights

Just take your time with everything, including the winch install, and don't rush or cut corners with anything. ARB supplies scotch clips to tie into the headlamp harness, but I chose to use heat shrink connectors and really took my time with the electrical connections, that was the hardest part for sure. I also wanted to wrap everything really well and as clean as possible. For the off-road lights, I used the stock light switch plate cover, ran the wires through the firewall, and then drilled a hole for a really clean install and look.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Not sure if you still check OB, but I'm curious about the hole in the stock light switch plate cover. Are there components in there that I need to be mindful of damaging when drilling through it? I'm looking to put at least one switch, but more in the space above the fog light switches next to the dashboard light dimmer.

Are there any diagrams online regarding the internals for this component?

Thanks!
Andrew

Front Bumper, Winch, and Off-road Lights

Just take your time with everything, including the winch install, and don't rush or cut corners with anything. ARB supplies scotch clips to tie into the headlamp harness, but I chose to use heat shrink connectors and really took my time with the electrical connections, that was the hardest part for sure. I also wanted to wrap everything really well and as clean as possible. For the off-road lights, I used the stock light switch plate cover, ran the wires through the firewall, and then drilled a hole for a really clean install and look.

Hello! I haven’t checked OB in a while, but I saw this email come through. No, you just pop it off and there is a clip on a wire. You can easily see the surfaces that can be drilled. It’s a lot easier than it looks once you pull the plate off. I am not sure if there are diagrams online… I used to have a CD of everything but gave it away when I sold my rover 2 years ago. Good luck!

Reactions: Arailt

ajkenned

Rank II

Contributor III

Squamish, BC, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Guess it'll be obvious once I get into it.

Thanks again!

Hello! I haven’t checked OB in a while, but I saw this email come through. No, you just pop it off and there is a clip on a wire. You can easily see the surfaces that can be drilled. It’s a lot easier than it looks once you pull the plate off. I am not sure if there are diagrams online… I used to have a CD of everything but gave it away when I sold my rover 2 years ago. Good luck!