Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Let us see that rear ARB bumper in all it's glory:blush: By the camera install pic(closed), i see you mounted it on the left, but the interior hatch shot makes it look like it's on the right?. Looks like a 'dual' Jerry-Can holder on it?
Rear bumper in all it's glory is here 2013 Land Cruiser build

Looking at the tailgate, the rear camera relocation kit moves the camera to the right of the tailgate. It may look off because I chose a LH/Drivers side tire carrier. As for the Jerry-can holder, I wish it was dual. ARB seems to think only one jerry can is enough for this model of bumper :cry:

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

A little over a week ago I finally received the ARB front bumper and winch. Took some time over a weekend to get it all installed and it went a lot smoother than the rear bumper install did. Got myself a little hung up on the wiring (again), but it was my own fault for rushing through it. Took a couple days away from it and went back in with fresh eyes to get it sorted and working as it should be. Still need to hook up the fog lights to the factory switch. I've got some time to get that done though, so no rush there.
IMG_5531.jpg
IMG_5532.jpg

As you can see, I chose to find a different spot to mount the winch controller; didn't want it to interfere with the PCS. I have to make a tray for it soon so I can mount it in the engine bay, then get some wires and hook everything up.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
A little over a week ago I finally received the ARB front bumper and winch. Took some time over a weekend to get it all installed and it went a lot smoother than the rear bumper install did. Got myself a little hung up on the wiring (again), but it was my own fault for rushing through it. Took a couple days away from it and went back in with fresh eyes to get it sorted and working as it should be. Still need to hook up the fog lights to the factory switch. I've got some time to get that done though, so no rush there.
View attachment 96731
View attachment 96733

As you can see, I chose to find a different spot to mount the winch controller; didn't want it to interfere with the PCS. I have to make a tray for it soon so I can mount it in the engine bay, then get some wires and hook everything up.
I LIKE IT. Seriously, it's a night and day difference. My prior inquiry about spare tire placement was based on a earlier reply/question about mounting the tire on the...pivot...side, and not across on the end of the swing arm. This due to torque from the weight exerted by the tire.

On the shocks, I had a thought about using split wire loom over the resi hose for additional rub resistance. The hose would still have to be clearanced. It would just be insurance.

The fuel/water holder=ARB? What is the max wt RATING of all the bumper gear total allowed? Also do you plan a Hi LYFT Jack rack mount for the bumper. In another thread I posted about a Hi LYFT jack accessort for use with sliders.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
View attachment 96731
View attachment 96733

Which FACTOR 55 is that. With my 17,500k Smittybilt, I need the one that will accept a 3/8 inch wire rope. I believe they only make one that fits, and it's not the thimble or the super duper ultra hook?
It could be the one you have , I just don't remember the model designation.

Also,.....what price did you get yours for. I want a flat hook, closed system as I use 2x plates up front. A state licence, and a promotional Silverado owners plate. One of them on a roller fairlead clip unit, and the hook has to tuck sidewise behind it to fit.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Rear bumper in all it's glory is here 2013 Land Cruiser build

Looking at the tailgate, the rear camera relocation kit moves the camera to the right of the tailgate. It may look off because I chose a LH/Drivers side tire carrier. As for the Jerry-can holder, I wish it was dual. ARB seems to think only one jerry can is enough for this model of bumper :cry:
Will another brand fit? Expedition Overland uses ARB on the front, I don't know if the ones they use on the Land Cruisers rear is an ARB. They run a dual fuel/Container box on their swing out carrier.

I sure have got deep in this thread. Thanks for all the build updates. I'm sure many who are not active in this discussion are still getting some good educational info from it.[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

I LIKE IT. Seriously, it's a night and day difference. My prior inquiry about spare tire placement was based on a earlier reply/question about mounting the tire on the...pivot...side, and not across on the end of the swing arm. This due to torque from the weight exerted by the tire.

On the shocks, I had a thought about using split wire loom over the resi hose for additional rub resistance. The hose would still have to be clearanced. It would just be insurance.

The fuel/water holder=ARB? What is the max wt RATING of all the bumper gear total allowed? Also do you plan a Hi LYFT Jack rack mount for the bumper. In another thread I posted about a Hi LYFT jack accessort for use with sliders.
Thanks. It definitely is a different beast. ;)

Re: shocks, thought about the wire loom, but if the UCA or tire is rubbing through the rubber on the reservoir hose I'm not sure how long anything else would last. Think my best bet is to find a way to tuck the hose further in.

Yeah, the whole rear bumper is ARB; including tire carrier and jerry can holder. Not sure what the max weight rating is. Hi-Lift mount is likely in the future but I'm not sure if I want to mount it on the bumper or roof rack. Need to get my sliders on first ;)

Reactions: Desert Runner

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Which FACTOR 55 is that. With my 17,500k Smittybilt, I need the one that will accept a 3/8 inch wire rope. I believe they only make one that fits, and it's not the thimble or the super duper ultra hook?
It could be the one you have , I just don't remember the model designation.

Also,.....what price did you get yours for. I want a flat hook, closed system as I use 2x plates up front. A state licence, and a promotional Silverado owners plate. One of them on a roller fairlead clip unit, and the hook has to tuck sidewise behind it to fit.
I went with FlatLink. I wanted something to sit flat against the fairlead and not stick out like a nipple, but I didn't think I needed the ultrahook. I bought directly from factor55.com and I think it was $140. Got a few other things as well (shorty strap, soft shackles, d rings).

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Will another brand fit? Expedition Overland uses ARB on the front, I don't know if the ones they use on the Land Cruisers rear is an ARB. They run a dual fuel/Container box on their swing out carrier.

I sure have got deep in this thread. Thanks for all the build updates. I'm sure many who are not active in this discussion are still getting some good educational info from it.[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]
Will another brand of what fit where? I'm sure there are other brands of rear bumpers which could fit on the back. Not sure if other brands of swing-outs will fit on the ARB bumper though. For now, I'm not too concerned about the number of cans I can fit back there. I can always add a Front Runner jerry can holder to the roof rack if I need to carry more than 5 gallons of extra fuel; I prefer to keep the water cans inside.

@cruiseroutfit might be able to shed some like on the EO jerry can holder you're referring to. Speaking of which, I need to buy a couple of tow points from him...

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I went with FlatLink. I wanted something to sit flat against the fairlead and not stick out like a nipple, but I didn't think I needed the ultrahook. I bought directly from factor55.com and I think it was $140. Got a few other things as well (shorty strap, soft shackles, d rings).
I went back and did a little research. The Factor 55 product I Need is the FLATLINK-E (Expert). This is the one that will accept my 3/8" winch cable. Retail $168.00, factory direct is $159.00, so you save a little money. It is the only product they reference for that size cable with the exception of the huge commercial variant (XXL).

For people reading this, and who do not do much winching, or want a inexpensive quick step quide, the Factor 55 website offers a manual for under $5.00. You can put it in your seat pocket for easy reference on proper rigging.

Last edited:
Reactions: stickel

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

It's about time I came back and got the fog lights wired up. And, wouldn't you know it, they worked briefly then stopped working. Following the instructions from ARB (my LC has factory fogs), I connected the ARB fog white wire to the factory fog green wire. Nothing. I then connected the ARB fog black wire to the factory white/black wire and that fog light turned on.

Following the logic that I had it figured out correctly, I did the same thing on the other side (left side) of the vehicle. Once the wires were connected, I turned on the fog lights and the left side was working but the right wasn't. Knowing how I am, I checked the wires and I had unplugged the white/black -> black wire on the right side. I plugged that in so all factory green wires were plugged into ARB white wires and factory white/black were plugged into ARB black wires. Now neither of the fog lights work.

I have since tried unplugging all connections and plugging them back in one-by-one. I still haven't been able to get either fog light to work. Checked the fuse under the dash and it's fine. Not sure how to tell if the fuse in the engine is fine or blown (it's one of the square ones).

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be happening?

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
It's about time I came back and got the fog lights wired up. And, wouldn't you know it, they worked briefly then stopped working. Following the instructions from ARB (my LC has factory fogs), I connected the ARB fog white wire to the factory fog green wire. Nothing. I then connected the ARB fog black wire to the factory white/black wire and that fog light turned on.

Following the logic that I had it figured out correctly, I did the same thing on the other side (left side) of the vehicle. Once the wires were connected, I turned on the fog lights and the left side was working but the right wasn't. Knowing how I am, I checked the wires and I had unplugged the white/black -> black wire on the right side. I plugged that in so all factory green wires were plugged into ARB white wires and factory white/black were plugged into ARB black wires. Now neither of the fog lights work.

I have since tried unplugging all connections and plugging them back in one-by-one. I still haven't been able to get either fog light to work. Checked the fuse under the dash and it's fine. Not sure how to tell if the fuse in the engine is fine or blown (it's one of the square ones).

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be happening?
Not sure it it will help any, but generally black, green, or brown seems to be a ground. At least it has been in my experience with wiring on older vehicles. Have you taken a multi-meter to the wiring when the fog is on? If you wire back up the factory fogs, do they work? Hope this helps! I might be dealing with the same in the next few years if/when I decide to upgrade to an LC.

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Not sure it it will help any, but generally black, green, or brown seems to be a ground. At least it has been in my experience with wiring on older vehicles. Have you taken a multi-meter to the wiring when the fog is on? If you wire back up the factory fogs, do they work? Hope this helps! I might be dealing with the same in the next few years if/when I decide to upgrade to an LC.
The directions for the ARB fog lights claimed the green to white/black was the only one necessary, but I'm not using their wire loom. When I plugged the factory fog lights back in they didn't turn on either. Not sure how to check with a multimeter though, last time I tried to check the wiring with one I blew a fuse. How should I use a multimeter to make sure power is coming from the vehicle to the wires? Is that even necessary if the factory fogs won't even work? And one last question, is there a way for me to tell if the engine block fog fuse is blown (square, opaque, blue fuse) at home or do I need to simply replace it and hope for the best?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. The things I thought were fuses are actually the relays. I looked at the fuse block map again and found the actual fog light fuse and it is blown. Off to Autozone, because the giant pack of fuses I bought last time conveniently didn't have any 7.5amp fuses.

Last edited:

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
The directions for the ARB fog lights claimed the green to white/black was the only one necessary, but I'm not using their wire loom. When I plugged the factory fog lights back in they didn't turn on either. Not sure how to check with a multimeter though, last time I tried to check the wiring with one I blew a fuse. How should I use a multimeter to make sure power is coming from the vehicle to the wires? Is that even necessary if the factory fogs won't even work? And one last question, is there a way for me to tell if the engine block fog fuse is blown (square, opaque, blue fuse) at home or do I need to simply replace it and hope for the best?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. The things I thought were fuses are actually the relays. I looked at the fuse block map again and found the actual fog light fuse and it is blown. Off to Autozone, because the giant pack of fuses I bought last time conveniently didn't have any 7.5amp fuses.
Glad you figured it out. Don't ask me about multi-meter usage since I have minimal experience. Might be worth checking out some YouTube videos on usage for the future. I know I will be, especially once I start doing more with wiring on my rig.

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Another quick update. Replaced the fuse and both lights worked. Started up the truck to move it out of the garage and both lights were out again. Starting to think the ARB fogs draw too much power and I'm trying to remember if I read that somewhere else too. Really don't want to have to buy their wire loom and install it.

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Yup, sure was the ARB fog lights drawing too much power. Found the spot in the bumper install directions which points it out. Wish I paid more attention to things like that from the jump. Also wish the people I ordered all these parts from knew an additional wire harness was required for these fog lights when I ordered it. :unamused:

So, yeah. Fog lights are working a treat now. Got a couple more updates to post soon, but I broke my hand last weekend so it might be a little slow. This week I'm off to Rago Fabrication to loan them my truck so they can prototype rear window (3rd row) molle panels like they have for other vehicles.

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

The guys at Rago had my truck for the day and were able to work up a prototype. They need to order some metric hardware for mounting (because Toyota) which they're going to send to me later. Here's what they got installed today.

IMG_5907.jpg

UPS says a few of the other packages I'm waiting for have been delivered too, so this next week or two will be fun.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

The guys at Rago had my truck for the day and were able to work up a prototype. They need to order some metric hardware for mounting (because Toyota) which they're going to send to me later. Here's what they got installed today.

View attachment 104259

UPS says a few of the other packages I'm waiting for have been delivered too, so this next week or two will be fun.
That looks awesome! I am thinking about getting the left one for my 4Runner. I have their rock sliders although I have not seen them as I had them direct shipped to my powder coater. They are all done just waiting on me to go pick them up. I can't wait! Rago Fab makes nice chit.