Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

100% Full Send to the Top of Imogene Pass (Part II)

Bold move to SEND the Pilot up those steep climbs with speed as that's how things get broken. Hmm....31's, reduced weight, true CAI, free-flow exhaust (RV6), super charger, 3.7 upgrade etc

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bold move to SEND the Pilot up those steep climbs with speed as that's how things get broken. Hmm....31's, reduced weight, true CAI, free-flow exhaust (RV6), super charger, 3.7 upgrade etc
Bold move indeed, but the wife said to step on it! Luckily that noise must have been a rock in the brake shield because it went away/healed itself. I really want to install a J37 or a supercharger eventually, but I will need to figure out a way to tune the ecu. For now my plan is to install a j37 intake manifold and throttle body and remove the second cats. If I have to I will step my tire size down... but I don't want to :)

Reactions: aggrex

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Some gorgeous scenery up in Colorado. Reminds me of a lot of places in BC. I would love to wheel with someone running a first gen Pilot, because it would be very interesting to compare to my CR-V, which was very much the predecessor of the Pilot. Keep adventuring!

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Some gorgeous scenery up in Colorado. Reminds me of a lot of places in BC. I would love to wheel with someone running a first gen Pilot, because it would be very interesting to compare to my CR-V, which was very much the predecessor of the Pilot. Keep adventuring!
CR-Venturer we recently won HRGs first ever annual AWD Festival. Our reward was a 2" lift for our blue 1998 CR-V. What are the specs on your build?

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

CR-Venturer we recently won HRGs first ever annual AWD Festival. Our reward was a 2" lift for our blue 1998 CR-V. What are the specs on your build?
As a matter of fact, I have the 2" HRG kit too. I ended up doing a 1/4 inch engine drop because the front axles were complaining, but not everyone has that issue with the 2" lift. I'm currently running 235/75/15 all terrain tires, and I feel like it's the optimal setup for the CR-V.

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Imogene Pass Report: Our group consisted of two Pilots, a Ridgeline (#nolodesigns), a Passport (#jondz_adventuring), two Jeeps (#macintake #borderlineexplorer), and an Xterra (#843xterraoffroad). The 1st gen Pilots struggled in the gearing department going up Imogene Pass. The combination of high altitude power loss and gearing caused me to need pulled twice. The Passport and Ridgeline with their 9 speed transmissions did great! All in all we had a blast! To our knowledge we were the first Hondas to summit Imogene Pass! If you like Hondas going were they don't belong, be sure to check out my YouTube and Instagram Channel! (https://www.youtube.com/c/HondaPilotOverland) (Login • Instagram)

Last edited:

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Great build & amazing photography & post. Loved seeing all the imagery in this thread!

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

This is my first time crowd funding for our Pilot build. It is an opportunity to help bring an awesome new product to the market and take our Pilot to the next level! If everyone donates as little as $5 we can reach our goal. Thank you for your consideration and support!

GoFundME Donation Page

AKDBuilt Performance has reached out to me to build a new set of high performance axles for our Honda Pilot. These new axles will allow me to install the next phase of my Lift with confidence. I am shooting for a 4" lift which would be the tallest lift ever installed on a 1st gen Honda Pilot. By supporting this project you will help bring these axles to the market paving the way for other lifted Hondas!

Details:
-The adapters will allow Porsche 930 and 911 axles to be fitted to Honda Pilots and Ridgelines
-The articulating angle of these new axles is 38 degrees vs. the OEM axle's 15 degrees
-These axles have been used in builds with over 800hp

Last edited:

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

Nice job! This is a blacked out version for an earlier first gen PilotF2925780-409B-4465-81D9-B07DF279E5F1.jpeg

Last edited: