Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Here are photos from our recent trip to Flagpole Knob in George Washington Nation Forest, VA. We had a blast and the Pilot did great. It isn't a rock crawler, but it does great on loose trails.

Awesome! Love seeing the Honda nation represent. Also love seeing the adventure cat, a rare breed indeed!

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

Honda Pilot and Ridgeline tackle Flagpole Knob: Offroad Adventure!
Did I miss a video or how-to on the engine mods you decided on to improve your Pilot?

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

Lifted Honda Pilots Off-road
On a recent long trip other than a bit of extra wind noise the roof rack on my loaded down lifted Pilot didn’t seem to affect the mpg (18) significantly.2B5574E3-0882-48B8-A011-284E420DE90C.jpeg

Last edited:

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Here is my current Transmission cooler setup. It took creativity and cutting to get it all to fit under the grill cover with my custom front hitch receiver. I used two Hayden Automotive 678 Rapid-Cool Plates that I already had and installed them vertically under a pusher fan that I salvaged from a Landrover. I have foam between the cooler plates and the radiator and between the fan and the cooler plates. The fan would not fit under the stock power steering cooler so I converted it to a cooler plate from the salvage yard.

The fan is wired to a 180F inline fan thermostat: 180F TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER FAN THERMOSTAT SWITCH KIT 6AN IN-LINE HOSE ADAPTER | eBay which turns the fan on when the trans temp hits 180. It also allows an over ride to be wired in.

Reactions: Dougnuts and aggrex