• HTML tutorial

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I have put a ton of work into my Youtube channel this year and thanks to support from Honda Pilot fans I have seen some great growth. I am looking to take my channel to the next level and have been investing in better recording gear. Now it is time to focus on improving the Pilot both in performance and aesthetics. I have already found a way to raise the stock air intake with a cone filter (video in earlier post).

I have a ton of plans and can't wait to reveal them. Stay tuned!

Reactions: aggrex

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I took the plunge and ordered new wheels and tires for my Pilot! I have decided on Method 502 Rally Race Wheels in 16x7 5x4.5 30mm offset. These wheels have a load rating of 1850 lbs per wheel which is very important for the Pilot due to its weight and carrying capacity. Many wheels on the market in 5x4.5 don't have a load rating high enough for the Pilot.

For tires I chose Yokohama GEOLANDAR M/T G003 All-Terrain Radial Tire - 235/85R16 120Q. These tires are well reviewed and are the largest size that will fit in the Pilots wheel well without modification. They look very aggressive, but are advertised as the quietest MTs on the market! We will see :)

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

Channel Announcement: Future Trips, Upgrades, and You All Rock!
just an FYI: etrailer has a Curt front mount trailer hitch receiver that could be a better recovery point. Downside is it may affect the approach angles...?
I have a similar interest in modifying an 4WD aftermarket product out there in order to safely + securely install a front winch on the Pilot with some custom adapters and brackets sort of like the ones needed for my custom roof rack. Hope to see what you come up with to do what the 4WD aftermarket won't for Pilots.

Attachments

Last edited:

05XPeyelutt

Rank 0

Traveler I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Sonny
Last Name
Lee
I am working to fabricate a front hitch receiver that doesn't impact clearance in the front. I have parts ordered and should know if my idea will work this weekend.

So awesome you're doing this. I was just looking up steel bumpers yesterday to see if one could be modified from a similar vehicle to fit my 05 Pilot

Reactions: b0wfin

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

DIY Honda Pilot Raised Air Intake: Pt II
On one of your videos you mentioned that the small bolts to secure the OEM air box cover were rustedAA8448C4-FEA0-4075-87D2-47077CE45B0C.jpeg. I replaced my rusty set with a set from Amazon. The bolts are M5

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

On one of your videos you mentioned that the small bolts to secure the OEM air box cover were rustedView attachment 193222. I replaced my rusty set with a set from Amazon. The bolts are M5
Thanks! The nuts that were molded into the base twisted out. Now I have to find a way to capture the nut while reinstalling. For right now I am just using zip ties since the cover is just a splash shield.

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

Hidden Front Hitch Receiver Build
Impressive front hitch build. I would use some longer bolts to attach the hitch plate to the custom mounts and some locking nuts or thread locker. One benefit of the tucked in hitch is less leverage and a stronger mount. Very resourceful and wifey got to weld some. FYI: might want to edit the video to remove personal info

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Impressive front hitch build. I would use some longer bolts to attach the hitch plate to the custom mounts and some locking nuts or thread locker. One benefit of the tucked in hitch is less leverage and a stronger mount. Very resourceful and wifey got to weld some. FYI: might want to edit the video to remove personal info
Thanks, I am going to replace all of the bolts with grade 8 as soon I can find the sizes I need. I will be sure to use lock washers. I am all over the internet at this point so my identity can't really be hidden. Thanks for looking out.