Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

That is awesome! Was the Jeep high centered?
Looks like it might be.... that was a pic off FB. Chalk one up for the doorless Pilot to the rescue! LOL

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

That video recap was great! Luv it

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

With sparse aftermarket support for the Pilot the DIY-way is the only way. You built a very effective skid plate that doesn’t have to be pretty for the dirty job it has to do. Thanks for sharing!

05XPeyelutt

Rank 0

Traveler I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Sonny
Last Name
Lee
I'm looking for a free day to head to the junk yard to build one too, but first I have to fix this squatting issue. I noticed the other day the rear driver side is leaning a bit to the left.
@b0wfin I contemplated getting the airbags, but I just read an old post on Piloteers about a good alternative - Monroe rear shocks #58645 Sensa-trac load adjusting shock absorber (coil over shock). They run about $68 a pair on Amazon. Has anyone tried these yet?

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I'm looking for a free day to head to the junk yard to build one too, but first I have to fix this squatting issue. I noticed the other day the rear driver side is leaning a bit to the left.
@b0wfin I contemplated getting the airbags, but I just read an old post on Piloteers about a good alternative - Monroe rear shocks #58645 Sensa-trac load adjusting shock absorber (coil over shock). They run about $68 a pair on Amazon. Has anyone tried these yet?
I went through two sets of those shocks with poor results. They start rattling very shortly after install. Maybe you will have better results than me.

05XPeyelutt

Rank 0

Traveler I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Sonny
Last Name
Lee
Smh that sucks, I was hoping to hear better things about it. I saw someone on Piloteers say the same thing...I guess I have more research to do..

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

Replacement set of rear coil springs should fix a sagging issue .

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

Nice job on the repair. My ‘05 CRV had similar damage from a rear end collision. The Escalade had a bunch of front end damage. The rear axle chirp is resolved by replacing the fluid and doing a couple figure 8s in the parking lot. It’s called burnishing.

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nice job on the repair. My ‘05 CRV had similar damage from a rear end collision. The Escalade had a bunch of front end damage. The rear axle chirp is resolved by replacing the fluid and doing a couple figure 8s in the parking lot. It’s called burnishing.
I have replaced the fluid and burnished the differential approximately 4 times. After my last off-road adventure the chirp went away, but so did rear wheel drive LOL. I am going to replace the differential with one from a newer Element or CR-V. Then I can test the capabilities again!

Reactions: aggrex

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

The Pilot
Disregard my last. I will hopefully be swapping out the rear coil springs either this weekend or next weekend, then I'll replace the shocks.
There you go...your first entry post into your own Pilot build thread. Post some pics and tips to help others.

Reactions: 05XPeyelutt