Off-Road Ranger I

Edmonton, Alberta
First Name
Ian
Last Name
R
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA6IKR
Love your build! Currently dabbling in the same with my pilot. You say youre running 245/75/16 tires, are they LT or P rated? Are there any problems with fitment? I'm gonna order a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W's for my 2004 Pilot and i'm unsure of if I should upsize or maintain the stock size.

Reactions: Werlyb23

Dock2510

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kill Devil Hills, NC, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Hudock

After this adventure I decided to order a snorkel. Due to the permanent nature of this upgrade I have been putting it off. It will be interesting to see if I can adapt it to fit my Pilot and look good.

Here is the kit I chose: $48.99 Snorkel Kit For 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ Cold Air Intake System Rolling Head
Snorkel Kit For 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ Cold Air Intake System Rolling Head 663862916508 | eBay
I’m very curious to see how this turns out, been interested in adding a snorkel too!

Reactions: Sonarman

Chucorobles

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kent, WA, USA
First Name
Armando
Last Name
Robles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Chuco
Great pilot you have. Glad to see another pilot owner who overland there truck. Very beautiful truck. 20190621_164402.jpeg20190621_164427.jpeg

WkndWarrior

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Trepton
I bought my lift on Ebay. The hardest part of the upgrade was getting the rear aligned. There are adjustment bolts that rust to the rear lower control arms bushings. You have to cut them out and replace the bushings, or replace the whole control arm. Here are all of the parts I used to get the vehicle lifted and aligned.

Front Spacers: $99.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-Pilot-2003-2008-Steel-Front-2-Lift-Kit-With-Sway-Bar-Link/181996029896?fits=Model%3APilot%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item2a5fcf07c8:g:AWsAAOSwTuJYnZL~:rk:35:pf:0

Front Camber Bolts: $16.48 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moog-Chassis-K90476-Alignment-Cam-Bolt-Kit/231668397017?fits=Model%3APilot%7CMake%3AHonda&epid=115145496&hash=item35f08333d9:g:jk0AAOSwJWla1L5x:rk:39:pf:0

Rear Spacers: $175.00 https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-Pilot-2003-2008-Nylon-Rear-1-5-With-Camber-Arm-Leveling-Kit/142707777479?fits=Model%3APilot%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item213a0bdfc7:g:nEgAAOSwXvdamJ2Y

Rear Adjustment Bolts: $47.95 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Odyssey-Pilot-Rear-Control-Arm-Adjust-Bolt-Kit/372388747270?epid=1523761660&hash=item56b4195806:g:0WsAAOSwvEBbYtPx:rk:1:pf:0

Rear Control Arm Bushings: $20.67 x2 https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HAPPOGS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Upper Rear Camber Control Arms Pair for Honda Pilot 2003-08 Adjustable Kits Set: $53.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Upper-Rear-Camber-Control-Arms-Pair-for-Honda-Pilot-2003-08-Adjustable-Kits-Set/352476110610?fits=Year%3A2007%7CModel%3APilot%7CMake%3AHonda&epid=6025204448&hash=item5211369f12:g:C6IAAOSweTlbrf3e

Firestone W237604135 Coil-Rite Kit $99.42 https:/smile.amazon.com/Firestone-W237604135-Coil-Rite-Kit/dp/B000JK0XKI
Parts ordered! The front Camber Bolt and rear adjustment bolt links are no longer valid. If you have any advice I'd greatly appreciate it! If I find suitable replacements in my research, I'll post the links.

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Parts ordered! The front Camber Bolt and rear adjustment bolt links are no longer valid. If you have any advice I'd greatly appreciate it! If I find suitable replacements in my research, I'll post the links.
Just do a search for Honda Pilot camber adjustment. You will find the bolts and rear adjustable control arm.

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Love your build! Currently dabbling in the same with my pilot. You say youre running 245/75/16 tires, are they LT or P rated? Are there any problems with fitment? I'm gonna order a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W's for my 2004 Pilot and i'm unsure of if I should upsize or maintain the stock size.
I am running LT245/75R16 108/104Q C Goodyear Duratracs. I chose this tire because they where the lightest most aggressive tire I could find. They weight 40 lbs while most other aggressive tires are E rated and about 50 lbs.

Dock2510

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kill Devil Hills, NC, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Hudock
This snorkel would fit, but the top only goes half way up the window column. I didn't like the look so the search continues.

Snorkel Kit For 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ Cold Air Intake System Rolling Head

I had bought that exact one too but didn’t quite like the fit, just ordered one for a Toyota Hilux 106 from amazon. Looks like the size and A-Frame angle should work.
I’ll let you know how if it works

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I had bought that exact one too but didn’t quite like the fit, just ordered one for a Toyota Hilux 106 from amazon. Looks like the size and A-Frame angle should work.
I’ll let you know how if it works
Keep me posted on the results. There aren't many options out there for the left side of the vehicle.

Velascopilot

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rancho Cucamonga
First Name
Felipe
Last Name
Velasco
I found your videos on youtube as I was trying to find some repair videos for my new (to me) Pilot. Awesome build. I wanted to ask you if you have changed your struts and rear shocks or are you still running the OEM's? I can't seem to find anything for off road use.

Captstout

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah, USA
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Ray
Member #

I just found your videos on youtube. Lol.

I love them. I have my 05 pilot. The wife and I were going to get a new 4runner. We decided to hold off for a couple more years.

Upgrades I am going to do in the next year:
Moog springs and coil-over shocks (Monroe)
New front struts
General Grabber AT2 or Falkin Wildpeak
Roof rack
Auxiliary battery (upgrading to lithium battery)
Onboard air compressor
Awning

We use totes for our camping gear. Thought about a drawer system, but decided to find off. I may build a trailer.

I don't plan on lifting it as it is a DD for my wife. So I don't want it to be too much stuff for her. I figured the upsize on tires and a roof rack would be enough for her. Lol

We do some fun rides and some technical stuff from time to time (as much as a pilot can do).

Any advice you have, I am open to it. We ground tent. At some point, I may go to an RTT, probably not this vehicle

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I found your videos on youtube as I was trying to find some repair videos for my new (to me) Pilot. Awesome build. I wanted to ask you if you have changed your struts and rear shocks or are you still running the OEM's? I can't seem to find anything for off road use.
I have slightly used OEM shocks up front and new KYB shocks in the rear. I have a 2" lift spacer up front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear. I have firestone airsprings that help even out the rear.

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I just found your videos on youtube. Lol.

I love them. I have my 05 pilot. The wife and I were going to get a new 4runner. We decided to hold off for a couple more years.

Upgrades I am going to do in the next year:
Moog springs and coil-over shocks (Monroe)
New front struts
General Grabber AT2 or Falkin Wildpeak
Roof rack
Auxiliary battery (upgrading to lithium battery)
Onboard air compressor
Awning

We use totes for our camping gear. Thought about a drawer system, but decided to find off. I may build a trailer.

I don't plan on lifting it as it is a DD for my wife. So I don't want it to be too much stuff for her. I figured the upsize on tires and a roof rack would be enough for her. Lol

We do some fun rides and some technical stuff from time to time (as much as a pilot can do).

Any advice you have, I am open to it. We ground tent. At some point, I may go to an RTT, probably not this vehicle
That looks like a great list of upgrades. I would caution you on the monroe rear helper shocks. I had tried two sets and they all rattled like crazy after a week. I ended up with KYB shocks and they have been great. I have been really happy with my stock springs with firestone airsprings. They really help keep the rear from sagging and stiffen the ride while not making it harsh.

Reactions: Captstout

Captstout

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah, USA
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Ray
Member #

That looks like a great list of upgrades. I would caution you on the monroe rear helper shocks. I had tried two sets and they all rattled like crazy after a week. I ended up with KYB shocks and they have been great. I have been really happy with my stock springs with firestone airsprings. They really help keep the rear from sagging and stiffen the ride while not making it harsh.
Hhmm. If you had problems with them. Maybe I should just do springs and bags with a set of good shocks.

I was going to do the springs anyway. Just looking to correct the sag and support the gear load.

Still kind of hung up on the bigger size tires. Not sure it is worth it. I am not lifting it. Just replacing the struts on the front and springs on back

WkndWarrior

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Trepton
Did you run any sort of aftermarket shock mount, or are you just running the stock mount with the shock in a more extended position?