• You may have noticed, things have changed round here! If you would like more information about the recent changes, please visit this post:

Software & Migration Update

• Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!

CR-Venturer

Rank V

Influencer I

Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Member #

As for snorkels, as far as the rake angle and length goes, I would bet that a snorkel made for an 80 series landcruiser would fit, assuming the air box is on the same side (I'm not familiar with the Pilot's engine layout). They are known to fit the RD1 CRV and the lines are very similar, as previously mentioned. Probably much cheaper than trying to make one.

b0wfin

Rank III

Advocate II

I am looking at various options for adding a snorkel. At this point I am most interested in the cold air intake aspect of the mod. I don't plan to take my pilot in crazy deep water. A while back I did research and verify that the rear diff has breather tubes run into the cabin.

Overland_Mitsu

Rank IV

Advocate II

Bellingham
I thought about disconnecting my front sway bar. As for the snorkel you may be able to retrofit one off a Jeep Cherokee. That’s what I did and was able to shape it into position with a heat gun. I did actually gain a few MPG’s too with it. Same as you, my Outlander has never been in deep water. It was more for fresher air factor. I picked mine up off amazon for about 80$

Reactions: CR-Venturer

b0wfin

Rank III

Advocate II

nice project. I have never know that Pilot has 4wd system I though it's Honda SH-AWD system .
My 2007 Pilot has Honda’s VTM-4 system in it. Like SH-AWD It has the benefit of being awd while still allowing you to lock the rear axles. It is always on and there when you need it (rain, snow, gravel, etc). If you look at my pictures you can see the 4WD badge. I have been very impressed with the system!

Here is an informative article that I found describing how the VTM-4 system operates.

http://mypage.siu.edu/jeepster/vtm4.html

Reactions: H60Flyer