Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lafayette, CA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cederwall
Member #

Well taxes are all done and decided it was time to get this rear bumper/tire mount done to get the spare out of the back. Summer is coming which means trips!

I came across Dmitriy and his fab shop Stellarbuilt on Instagram and reached out to him a couple months ago about the crazy idea about doing a tire mount on a Subaru. He's out in Sacramento, so if you in the area and need some work done look him up! He ended up having the Ubaru a little over a week and went with his Cascade style rear bumper setup. The pictures speak for themselves...

IMG_6312.JPG IMG_6311-1.JPG IMG_6310-1.JPG IMG_6309.JPG IMG_6308.JPG IMG_6307-1.JPG IMG_6306.JPG

Keylay

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cypress, Texas
Member #

Really cool bumper!
My family has a 2010 Subaru Forester. While we don't plan to modify it, it's a great car to zip around town, drive to the mountains or the beach and gets decent gas mileage.

Reactions: Rocky

Young Satchel

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

That looks great! I'm trying to find someone who is willing to go out on a limb in to unexplored territory and fabricate a rear bumper solution for my Volvo XC70.

You subie guys have a hell of an aftermarket; jealous! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antherzoll

Rank III

Contributor III

Canada
I came across Dmitriy and his fab shop Stellarbuilt on Instagram and reached out to him a couple months ago about the crazy idea about doing a tire mount on a Subaru. He's out in Sacramento, so if you in the area and need some work done look him up! He ended up having the Ubaru a little over a week and went with his Cascade style rear bumper setup. The pictures speak for themselves...

[
Amazing! Love the set up.

tcederwall

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lafayette, CA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cederwall
Member #

@Rocky @buckwilk Ill try and get you guys some better shots of the bumper!

I've been horrible about keeping this build updated. The last little thing I've done to this thing was add a light onto the backside of the awning to help with rear lighting. Found a bolt that fit into the groove on the aluminum rail.

IMG_7223.JPG IMG_7224.JPG IMG_7231.JPG IMG_7233.JPGIMG_7511-1.JPG

Heres some pictures from over the summer.
IMG_6659.JPG IMG_6630.JPG IMG_6627.JPG
Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 4.51.22 PM.png

I'm looking at tearing out the factory trunk set up to see how that space can be better used.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
That's a clever use of the awning channel. Nice work.

tcederwall

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lafayette, CA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cederwall
Member #

Here a couple snaps from my weekend project. I've never liked the factory foam/carpet trunk, it didn't give me enough flexibility. So I ripped it out. I used 1.5" x 1.5" lumber to build a frame and used .75" particle board to finish off the top. I put a 2' x 2' door over the spare tire well. I have some sound deadener to throw beneath it, and the edges still need to be cleaned up, and eventually it'll get a coat of paint. I've ordered a couple d-rings to set up anchor point to help hold down cargo. Overall I'm pretty excited how it's turning out!
IMG_7514.JPG IMG_7513.JPG IMG_7558-1.JPG

Ruba-Su

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia, Tn
Member #

Hello Overlanders! New member #2467 here!

My wife and I bought the Forester just over a year ago to replace my 1966 Plymouth Barracuda as my daily driver. I never had any set plans on doing much with it, but after a couple trips and seeing the growing community of offroad subarus, ideas started to flow.

Here is whats been done so far:

Blacked out rims
Upgraded Front Brakes
Custom front lightbar
Window Tint
New Stereo from 2011 Subaru
Yakima round bars
Nilight Led Lights - 12in on front, 2 4in on top
Thule cargo carrier
Yell0w Fog lights
Rally armor mudflaps

Here is the plan for the future:

Tires
Lift
Awning
some sort of radio communications
Steel bumpers?

Here's to many adventures to come!

Tim

View attachment 10921 View attachment 10923 View attachment 10928
What type of front brush bar is that? Is it a tag mounted one?