Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Swapping Rear Springs & Adding Airbags.

The setup was 2865 with OME 60020L. After a year with the rear bumper on, they finally settled. I thought it was going to be fine as I didn't see them sag, but in the past 3 months, I noticed the sag/squat. Originally, I didn't expect myself to get a bumper when I did the initial lift, but plans always change.

Decided to swap to 2863 and add airlift 1000, model 60812. For reference, below is the chart. The 2863 has a higher spring rate by 30lb/in & is 30mm taller (shy of 1.25" for those that hate metric).

1635908492435.png

By some miracle, I was able to do it without a full sized jack since I don't have all my tools.

IMG_20211102_184803.jpg

It gave me back 1.25 in of rear lift and leveled out the vehicle with the rear bumper installed.

The front is set with 5100 bottom perch and 2885s for reference, and my plans are to replace these with DOBINSONS IMS59-222, and maybe 2886

Next time, I'll add a 30mm spacer to the rear. I was planning to do it all now, but it felt impossible without dropping the axle or removing the rear links. The rear sway links are seized and time is of the essence since I'm moving in a week. In the future, I'll be getting extended rear links & making spring retainers, but this will do for now.

IMG_20211102_190514.jpg

Lastly I'll note that you don't need to remove the springs to install the airlift. With this setup, I cut off 2 pieces of the current coil rubber retainer & the air line is routed through the rubber center.

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

8Gang Switch Holder Update

After some well rounded feedback from the people who purchased the switch holder, I've updated the design for the next run.

Nothing is wrong with the holder, but little things will make it better. Now it has a backing to it, so that the cable can ride inside the channel of the switch case itself. Less cable & less fuss.

1636254319498.png

1636254312258.png

Last edited:

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

This vehicle has done so much for me in the past 2 years since I got it. Best all rounded vehicle for any adventure. It won't do anything great, but it'll do many things very well.

Many Firsts
  • First 4x4
  • First full sized suv.
  • First BOF
  • First time off roading
  • First time towing
  • & most importantly, helping me find happiness
Towing

Towed the prius from Norcal to Socal. First time towing & it did great. I probably need to get a transmission cooler if I do it again as the hills increased Temps 50F in a matter of a quarter mile. The Hayden 699 looks great with a thermal bypass built into it.
OD was on the whole time on 'D' (since I have 05, it's 5 gears, but sometimes I went down to '3'). This helps with gear hunting.

The sequoia is loaded with the heavy stuff & prius has the light stuff like clothes & plants.

Squat & Concerns

The trailer did drop the sequoia about 1 inch, but the trailer also isn't level because the 2inch ball is too high. The curt 45900 hitch drop isn't low enough for this setup & I didn't math before all of this.
It could use another 4 inches or so if I had to guess. The main concern I had with pulling the trailer after a few miles was how wide it was compared to the sequoia. Tow mirrors would have helped, but I was just more cautious of the drive.

Rear suspension:
  • 2863 with 60812 air bags at 50psi
  • 60020L OME

DominicN

Rank 0

Contributor I

Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Nonnenmacher

This vehicle has done so much for me in the past 2 years since I got it. Best all rounded vehicle for any adventure. It won't do anything great, but it'll do many things very well.

Many Firsts
  • First 4x4
  • First full sized suv.
  • First BOF
  • First time off roading
  • First time towing
  • & most importantly, helping me find happiness
Towing

Towed the prius from Norcal to Socal. First time towing & it did great. I probably need to get a transmission cooler if I do it again as the hills increased Temps 50F in a matter of a quarter mile. The Hayden 699 looks great with a thermal bypass built into it.
OD was on the whole time on 'D' (since I have 05, it's 5 gears, but sometimes I went down to '3'). This helps with gear hunting.

The sequoia is loaded with the heavy stuff & prius has the light stuff like clothes & plants.

Squat & Concerns

The trailer did drop the sequoia about 1 inch, but the trailer also isn't level because the 2inch ball is too high. The curt 45900 hitch drop isn't low enough for this setup & I didn't math before all of this.
It could use another 4 inches or so if I had to guess. The main concern I had with pulling the trailer after a few miles was how wide it was compared to the sequoia. Tow mirrors would have helped, but I was just more cautious of the drive.

Rear suspension:
  • 2863 with 60812 air bags at 50psi
  • 60020L OME
Awesome rig man! After looking at other sequoia rigs for inspiration yours has definitely become my favorite. Is that the brute force front bumper? Thinking about getting it for my stock 2003 sequoia.

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Awesome rig man! After looking at other sequoia rigs for inspiration yours has definitely become my favorite. Is that the brute force front bumper? Thinking about getting it for my stock 2003 sequoia.
Yes it's a Brute Force Fab. They're the best bumper for the Sequoia

Reactions: DominicN

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Quite a few things I've updated since the last post, but most of it is just updating small quality of life updates and industrializing everything.

Compressor Bracket V2

Made a few updates to the compressor bracket for quality of life.
Here's better photos of the ARB twin installed.

rKI4mPD.jpeg

2b6oAwW.jpg

2k8H6T2.jpg

Underseat Storage Panel V1

Bolts to the seat bolts. Also used M8 JIS bolts that are 30mm long, instead of 25mm since I added 3.175mm to the seat panel.
Doesn't block my seating position personally.

tQP1xWt.jpg

OKmA1OK.jpg

sMXDf3C.jpg

Overhead Switch Mount V2

Small quality of life updates for the mount. Washers not required anymore and it's still crispy.
Still printed via MJF in Nylon12.

Finally had time to install these new parts I made. Very happy with the fit & finish.

Dash Mount V2

s2xLvSv.jpg

251KVnt.jpg

Electrical Panel V1.5

bpAhrJx.jpg