Updated the spacer, to help it fill up more space & increase surface area. This helps with install & alignment of the whole assembly.
Unfortunately, the bottom spacer was not necessary as there isn't enough clearance to use it on install.
The print took 3 hours vs the previous spacers, which took like 40 minutes. Overall, this makes it easier for install.
Here's the result!. The install template helped, but I think a right angle drill is necessary for install.
I think a paper template will also help with install, or at least knowing the distance between the 4 holes so that everything is measured twice and then drilled once.
Some install photos:
Sunglasses Holder Update!
Here's the final sunglasses holder. It has enough room to rotate. Install with a thin screw driver recommended.
I did drill the hole prematurely, and it would be better to be closer to final position of the pivot.
Dash unit working perfectly on my West Coast Trip. So happy with it.
Now I just need to finish the radio install and I'll be good to go for this section. Possibly looking at making a custom center dash to optimize space. The one issue I'm having is dealing with the rear AC controls as it's curved. Possibly a 3D printed face plate will help.
Here's the start of the front skids. Going to be going with either 1/4" 6061 or 7075, or 3/16" Steel.
I decided to include a front oil drip hole, but it's removable, or it can just be omitted. I like the idea of having that extra little bit of protection in case you get snagged there. Originally I was stuck on getting it countersunk, but came to the conclusion that this will just increase the cost for more an aesthetic reason than objective. Some rounded headed hex drive bolts will do just fine.
Made the transmission skid plate that is also a cat cover. I chose to remove those diagonal support brackets for the transmission in this version. Unsure if this is the best idea, but it may be best to do that. Also made a oil skid plate to match with the new front skid.