los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Update to Dash Mount - 5/13/21

View attachment 2673443

Updated the spacer, to help it fill up more space & increase surface area. This helps with install & alignment of the whole assembly.
Unfortunately, the bottom spacer was not necessary as there isn't enough clearance to use it on install.

The print took 3 hours vs the previous spacers, which took like 40 minutes. Overall, this makes it easier for install.

Here's the result!. The install template helped, but I think a right angle drill is necessary for install.

I think a paper template will also help with install, or at least knowing the distance between the 4 holes so that everything is measured twice and then drilled once.

Some install photos:

Sunglasses Holder Update!

Here's the final sunglasses holder. It has enough room to rotate. Install with a thin screw driver recommended.
I did drill the hole prematurely, and it would be better to be closer to final position of the pivot.

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Dude that is awesome!
Thanks! Here's the compressor bracket & electrical / Power distro bracket.

05.14.21 Update to Compressor Bracket & Power Distribution Bracket.

Going to have these installed tonight after dinner.

IMG_20210514_125223.jpg

IMG_20210514_125226.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Beau Blakeney

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Update to power distribution hub!

IMG_20210514_220048.jpg

Everything works as intended except the cable for the circuit breaker is a bit short. I'll get a longer cable made and button this up.

Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
CAn you show the compressor bracket installed?

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

CAn you show the compressor bracket installed?
Didn't finish the install, but here is with the compressor. I'll try and finish it up, but will take a little while as I think I'm missing some stuff for the compressor.

I also need to update the support bracket to make it better .

IMG_20210515_010325.jpg

Last edited:

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Dash unit working perfectly on my West Coast Trip. So happy with it.

Now I just need to finish the radio install and I'll be good to go for this section. Possibly looking at making a custom center dash to optimize space. The one issue I'm having is dealing with the rear AC controls as it's curved. Possibly a 3D printed face plate will help.

received_444452980317461.jpeg

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Skid Plate Update 5/28/21

Here's the start of the front skids. Going to be going with either 1/4" 6061 or 7075, or 3/16" Steel.

I decided to include a front oil drip hole, but it's removable, or it can just be omitted. I like the idea of having that extra little bit of protection in case you get snagged there. Originally I was stuck on getting it countersunk, but came to the conclusion that this will just increase the cost for more an aesthetic reason than objective. Some rounded headed hex drive bolts will do just fine.

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Skid Plate Update - 05.28.21

Made the transmission skid plate that is also a cat cover. I chose to remove those diagonal support brackets for the transmission in this version. Unsure if this is the best idea, but it may be best to do that. Also made a oil skid plate to match with the new front skid.

CUeDUJ5.jpg

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Dash Mount Update - 06.12.21

Nothing too exciting, but people were interested in the dash mounts for the 1st gen seq / tundra, so I got 12 of them made. They're at powder coating as of this posting.

Very excited for all of it to come together. If anyone is interested in this - I will likely do 1 more run of these in the future.

W9WcF3j.jpg

Skid Plate Update - 06.03.21

This is perhaps the most exciting thing in recent times, as I'm reworking the whole design by adding flush service holes & internal gussets. I was able to get a rough quote made of 5052 and it's very reasonable (considering I'm not doing the labor).

More photos to come as it updates.

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Dash Mount Final Update - 06.26.21

Last update for this! Finished a small group buy for some people that wanted the dash mount. Very happy with how it all turned out and was able to make almost all my money back on the project.

rrC3mHN.jpg

Rear Bumper Lights - 06.26.21

Finally decided that it was time to add lights to the BFF rear bumper. I messaged Billy & he informed me that the Flush Mictuning lights would work, but after trying to install them, the heatsink was too large to fit.

gDUklg2.jpg

I didn't feel like grinding it down so I went ahead and purchased the Sylvania Flush LED lights and they fit almost perfectly aside from the distance of the mounting holes being off by about 2.0mm. I haven't had time to use them, but they're bright and only use 0.6amps each. These will be great for backing up.

pe6kaKl.jpg

zmT4QXy.jpg

Skid Plates Update - 06.26.21

Big updates to the front skid plate! Added gusesets, air channels, flush oil drip, and more! Much excited for this. Next is the transmission skid.

Q8hBGvz.png

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Skids update. - 07.25.21

IMG-20210723-WA0003.jpg

Just a small update, but the skids are complete. Access holes for all the goodies and more. Drilling for nutserts for tcase required. Covers front and rear of the cat.

Making 1 unit out of 1/4" 5052 to verify its good and then moving forward with making a small batch of <5 for some other sequoia enthusiasts to try and recoup my costs and my unit. Very excited.

Reactions: OverLamb24

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

Spencerville, Maryland, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Skids update. - 07.25.21

IMG-20210723-WA0003.jpg

Just a small update, but the skids are complete. Access holes for all the goodies and more. Drilling for nutserts for tcase required. Covers front and rear of the cat.

Making 1 unit out of 1/4" 5052 to verify its good and then moving forward with making a small batch of <5 for some other sequoia enthusiasts to try and recoup my costs and my unit. Very excited.
Maybe after that you can sell the plans online so you can get residuals and these can get made more regularly perhaps?

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Skids update. - 07.25.21

IMG-20210723-WA0003.jpg

Maybe after that you can sell the plans online so you can get residuals and these can get made more regularly perhaps?
Definitely something to think about. Plans aren't usually sold, and my fear is using the work to create alternative cad files to recommercialize it.

I don't really think the plans would be all that useful to individuals as this requires a laser + industrial press to make the bends. It'd also be rare for a shop to make a 1 off for this type of work for a reasonable price.

Lastly, from what I can see, there's only a hand full of enthusiasts that would attempt making it.

Reactions: OverLamb24

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Compressor Update

Ran a small run on an updated compressor bracket. It fits PERFECTLY & install was very easy. Drilling + nutsert required, but it was all worth it.

Made of 1/8“ 5052 Aluminum and weighs less than 2 lbs with brackets.

7A26B7CB-A637-404B-BA24-4F77BE3476B4.jpeg

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Skid Project Update

Relocated temporarily so I don't have all my tools and couldn't get my skid plates completely finished, but I was able to get a fit install for the front + transmission skid I made.

Fitment is about 95% there, and just a few adjustments need to be made to make it perfect for install. Very excited to get the TCASE plate installed this weekend.

Reactions: Jim SoG

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Currently debating it internally. Hex bolts can be removed if damaged more easily with pliers or similar but round button bolts provide more clearance.

I may be inclined to produce some bolt protectors because they're very expensive from companies for 1.

With the final product will the bolts all be flush mounted ?