2002 Jeep WJ

• HTML tutorial

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

OK so I am starting this build as I have started buying upgrades for my WJ. Here it is as it sits now.

2" Lift
JK Tires and rims (255/75-17) x5

Jeep-WJ-111415.jpg

Reactions: 9Mike2

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I have an 04 WJ. Have 2in BB lift and 245 75 16 Duratracs.. you have to trim or have much rubbing with your current setup? I had to trim a decent amount off the wheel well lining and I still rub backing up and turning.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and phil

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I have an 00' WJ with a Fat Bob's Garage 2.5" lift kit, came with new shocks and coil springs, I also added longer rear sway bar links. The ride is more firm it not harsh. I like suspensions on the firm side though. There is a bit more body roll though. Overall it's a good quality kit for the money.

Reactions: 9Mike2

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

I have no rubbing when I reverse but if I turn very hard or go over a bump. It does look like you two have done some trimming. I will be too this weekend. Don't want to buy a lift until I've gone off road once. Thanks for the feed back!

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

20151117_093300.jpg

Its just ever so slightly rubbing but enough for trimming. If Hollister goes well then I my skip the lift and buy the Bushwacker Flairs.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Iv'e cut my bumper and wheel well lining and still rub. Can't wait to get my winch bumper. Then I'll find a set of JK take-offs..

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I trimmed about 2" at the bottom of my front bumper, I cut just the bottom and the outside, left the top attached creating a flap, I pushed the flap, with the inner fender still attached forward into the bumper and secured it with some stainless steel sheet metal screws. I have no rubbing besides this. I am running 1.5" wheel spacers though because my tires would other wise sit on my rear shocks, badly. The 1.5" spacers only gained me .75"-1" of clearance at the rear shocks. Some of that is due to the large diameter of the rear shocks that came with my lift kit.

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

Nice, can't wait to see that lift installed! Your current tires look really new. Will you get new ones when you install the lift?

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

Nice, can't wait to see that lift installed! Your current tires look really new. Will you get new ones when you install the lift?
I should only gain another 2" with this lift, maybe 3" at the most with the new springs. I'm on 255/75-17 (32.5") so I'm in no rush for anything bigger. Looking to eventually go to a 33x12.5x17 but only after my tires are worn and I have my finders trimmed.

Reactions: benmmc