2001 jeep Cherokee xj overland project

• HTML tutorial

Chris Pettit

Rank 0

Contributor I

IMG_0054.PNG IMG_0498.JPG IMG_2185.PNG IMG_2028.PNG IMG_2188.JPG IMG_2189.JPG IMG_1984.JPG IMG_2357.JPG IMG_2388.JPG IMG_2697.JPG My xj build thus far. I bought my jeep bone stock two years ago and put a zone 4 1/2 inch lift on. I had a bit of an accident with the rear hatch and quarter and then once I came back to Indiana I had a friend of mine help pull the damage out and then we mounted quarter armor over the damage so you can't even tell it's there. I ended up with crack in my head and had to have it replaced which ended up being a hefty price tag . After my recent trip to Colorado I have started to turn my attention to building my jeep into an overlanding rig.I have always been more of a trail rider then a mudder anyways. My next step with my tex check and probably one of my biggest concerns is what gearing ratio I want to go with on my 33's. I plan on possibly in the future moving up to 35's which is also another concern of mine. It is currently getting bumper modifications done to it so I can put my winch on it and the next upgrade I have waiting to get put on is the ratcheting locker in the Dana 44. My near future modifications are as follows : removing the rear seats and building the draw system and storage, roof rack and accessories that go on there, off-road lights, upgrade to different front axle before I regear, put tool boxes in third windows, beef up suspension for added weight..... that's all I can think of at the moment.

Chris Pettit

Rank 0

Contributor I

Unfortunately, I haven't got any off-road lights yet. It's on my to do list LOL. I'm probably going to go with a nice 52' curved light on the front of the roof rack once it's built and mounted. First thing on my list right now is getting a better front axle and regearing

Greg Galbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York, PA, USA
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Galbo
Member #

Nice XJ man! Glad to see another Cherokee on the site. If you ever have any questions let me know! I love the hood louvers by the way!

Reactions: Chris Pettit