1991 Nissan Pathfinder

• HTML tutorial

KoiClayton

Rank 0

Contributor I

Austin, Texas
Member #

Hey guys, bought this a while back, finally getting the time and resources to start building it.
1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE.
VG30 V6 with 228k
5 speed, 4wheel drive.
Swapped out the non functioning electric doors for manual ones, and just got some new tires.
Next up is fluids change, and a new clutch. Hopefully after that it will be pretty much road worthy. Future goals include solid front axle, little lift, td27 swap, rtt.
Before long I hope to get it bed lined and the interior fixed up. Planning on caged rear with devider (one side for dogs, one side for gear), and just a few little accessories. Next year I hope to be able to take it out to Big Bend.0612171309.jpg

KoiClayton

Rank 0

Contributor I

Austin, Texas
Member #

Yes! Love these old beasts. Subscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. I was actually looking for a 4wd Hardbody when I stumbled across this. I had planned on adding a camper shell from the beginning, as well as roof rack. Figured it was basically the same (without the option to remove the back) so picked it up. Came to find out this was a much better choice offroad wise because of the suspension.

Zerobird

Rank IV

Advocate II

I used to a have a 89 hardbody, V6 4x4 manual trans. Solid truck. They'll run forever, as long as there is oil in it. Mine was over 250k when I got rid of it for an 04 supercharged Frontier. That 89 gave me less problems and never left me stranded. On the 04, stuff was always braking on it. I had that truck from 39k to 90k, nothing but problems. Can't wait to watch your build thread evolve.

KoiClayton

Rank 0

Contributor I

Austin, Texas
Member #

This ones already at 228k. Got an oil leak and hopefully just a bad clutch. Plan on doing the full drivetrain swap though, so just need it to last til then

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:

KoiClayton

Rank 0

Contributor I

Austin, Texas
Member #

So nothing added to the build just yet (at work for another week), but my girl semt me this photo from the house! Now I really need to,get the new fenders and get them bedlined so I can throw the badges on. I ola, on doing tan body with black accents, anyone ever bedlined or painted the
badges before?

KoiClayton

Rank 0

Contributor I

Austin, Texas
Member #

Well its not much, but finally made a little time to start the bedlining process. Just doing trim and accent pieces for now. Atillneed to replace all the body panels onthe front end. And haven't ordered the tan bed liner just yet.

Now I just gotta do another layer on the tire carrier and figure out how to remove these trim pieces without breaking them lol.

Attachments

Reactions: Zerobird