05 Burb

• HTML tutorial

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pulled the fender flares back off to paint them and kinda like it without but is getting really dirty.

I think my next project is a rear tire carrier. Probably going hitch mounted so I can take it off easily. Also going to start gathering parts for onboard air. Probably Viair because I’m pretty familiar with their products.

3B8A70D3-5295-4206-89D7-38425AE26B4C.jpeg

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Other than that all I’ve done lately is rear diff fluid swap, changed out all of my bulbs, oil change and what not. Nothing spectacular :). Enjoying lurking in the forum though.

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

I know there aren’t a whole lot of 99-06 Chevy SUV fans active in here but figured I’d share, thought this is neat. I like the bumper I made for my Burb but it’s a little too much for a daily driver. Kind of looks like I’m rock crawling on the freeway lol. So decided to go back and mod the stock one. Here’s a sequence. Started by removing the lower valance and cap.

9B8DA751-C646-4010-88EC-FEA55F5E15B8.jpeg

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Then painted the whole thing with Summit White to match the body. Thought about doing the bars black but tired of that look and can always change them. The little tabs on the sides are for led spots.

FBFA3044-F41D-447F-B1BC-28D623237E8F.jpeg

DrRobert

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bristow, VA
Member #

Made a shower. Just enough to rinse feet after beach trips, not really a camp shower.

View attachment 55262
Ok, I was going to comment on how much I like your full-size rig (I've got a 2012 Suburban that I'm about to start modifying and really like the FS trucks) but when I saw the shower...dang...that's probably one of the most ingenious mods I've seen. Very clever and extremely functional! Really great job with this.

Reactions: Phildirt

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Haven't been on the forums for awhile but it is really nice to see another GMT800 Burb here. Loving the progression as well as your fabrication skills. Cheers!

Reactions: Phildirt

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

You were the inspiration for my build. I saw your build on another forum and sort of based mine on yours! Nice to see you back on a forum
I've changed up a few things, took off my roof rack because I never used it and it just made gas mileage worse. You can stuff a lot of gear into a burb so it was really just for looks. I do miss having the lights up there though.

Edit - just noticed you were responding to Jelorian haha

Do you have a build thread here?

Last edited: