05 Burb

• HTML tutorial

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

New to the group but figured I'll put this here so I can add to it. I've had this Suburban for 11 years. Just tooled around in it for a bit. Here it is pretty much how it sat most of that time. Leveled, some color matching.

IMG_5633.JPG

Reactions: Daryl 32

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Then I lifted it a little. And ditched the torsion bars. Added UCAs and coilovers. 6" Rough country. The guys in the GM Fullsize forum liked this phase but I got tired of it and also got bitten by the camping bug.

IMG_9834.JPG

Reactions: Graeman

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Added some protection around the headlights. Pretty much how it sits now but I added another crossmember in the center. The tow points are part of the brackets that are bolted into the frame so it's pretty stout.

IMG_0894.JPG

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

I pretty much have the suspension dialed in minus maybe some different rear shocks. I plan on focusing on useful mods from here out including onboard air, a bigger power inverter (I have 2 now in front/rear), a spare tire/fuel/water carrier, rollout awning, and storage in the rear.

Looking forward to ideas and eventually dragging this thing across the country.

Cheers!

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

I pretty much have the suspension dialed in minus maybe some different rear shocks. I plan on focusing on useful mods from here out including onboard air, a bigger power inverter (I have 2 now in front/rear), a spare tire/fuel/water carrier, rollout awning, and storage in the rear.

Looking forward to ideas and eventually dragging this thing across the country.

Cheers!
Love the rig. Miss my suburban. I want another one. Seeing this does not help the bug. :)

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Phildirt

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

IMG_0960.JPG Changed up the wheels a little. Anthracite Grey plasti dip with the glossifier topcoat. I really like plasti dip for wheels, not so much for anything else. It's not very durable but it's easy to remove. These wheels have been 4 different colors and the chrome underneath still looks new.

Reactions: Overland_Mitsu

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Welded a few more bars to my jungle gym. Added some tabs to the top because I'm making some detachable limb risers. This is my DD and I don't want it looking like I'm on Safari 24/7 haha. I'm going to use light bar brackets for the cab since my rack doesn't go all the way to the front. Haven't seen anyone do that yet but I'm sure it's out there. I'll cut them down if they stick out too much. $14 on Amazon. Just need some cable , tensioners or springs, and clips.

IMG_1025.JPG

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gonna let the old wallet cool for a bit but next addition will likely be a winch. Will run these 33s until fall and then mount 35s. Somewhere in there I'll add a rtt so I don't have to sleep in the back.

Reactions: David S
S

SubeeBen

Sweet looking rig & good job welcome to OB from San Diego Ca. ✌

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Sweet looking rig & good job welcome to OB from San Diego Ca. ✌
Thank you sir. Really enjoying this group, very laid back and way less opinionated (as far as aesthetics/taste go) than most forums I've visited. Probably the function over form nature of this lifestyle. The last forum I was in seemed to be fixated on color matching, chrome, and tow mirrors. Not that there's anything wrong with that but it does get boring :)

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bolted D rings to the roof. Used silicone and washers so not worried about them coming out. The bolts go through the roof support not just the sheet metal. Will probably move them to the roof rack if I ever extend it to the front. Welded some tabs to the bumper for eye bolts. Looks kind of neat haven't really seen them on a GM SUV before.

IMG_1032.JPG IMG_1030.JPG