Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Noticed a few things right off the bat and of course one of my test messages went to Michael like 4 times because I clicked send that many times when the screen didn’t go away. (Sorry)

1) on the home screen, the links in the bottom section (community I think) aren’t clickable. I can’t click on a name or the thread to go to the thread.

2) iPad scales wrong in messages the bottom buttons don’t show up and the graphics for the main screen load incorrectly.

3) can’t click on profiles in the forum to see them not on our own name at the top of the home screen but I believe you want us to test the profile stuff.

More to follow but I love the look!
Thank you!

Responses:
1. Notification links: Linking to the thread is in the sprint. Profiles are planned for the release of 1.0.
2. iPad and other Pad devices - no work done yet.
3. Profile stuff not done yet. Target is for 1.0

By the way - great "send button spam" bug. We had not duplicated that, but we have that entered to be fixed now. Thanks!

M

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
Michael,
I send a few feedback items via the link in the test flight software ... not sure if you see those as well ... didn’t realize you wanted them all posted to the forum

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
First, you guys are the front line! This is the latest most raw version of the software. THANK YOU for your feedback and testing.

Android folks: I'll get an *.apk file to you today. Future builds will happen through the store.

Now that we have something in our hands, let me offer some guidance and terminology - and let you know how you can help!

Terminology you may hear me use (you may already know all this):

1. Sprint: At the end of each sprint we have a new release. Our sprints run Tuesday to Monday and we have one week sprints. If I say, its in the current sprint, it means there is at least some chance it will be released on the next build.
2. Backlog: Think of this as the place where bugs and features go to die...hahaha...kidding. The backlog is a list of features in priority order which we will work on next. So when I say, "its in the backlog" that is meaningless :) Where in the backlog is an important part of that.
3. Builds: Our software releases. iOS vs Android - we are running the development to maintain feature parity - we will release both at the same time.
4. Showstopper: Can't release with this issue
5. Feature: Core feature of the app.
6. Improvement: would be nice to have.

For now, it would be great to get your feedback and bugs right here in this forum thread. Please let me know if you are using iOS or Android. For bugs, reproducible steps are very helpful.

Thanks all!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Michael,
I send a few feedback items via the link in the test flight software ... not sure if you see those as well ... didn’t realize you wanted them all posted to the forum
We'll get those too! It would be great to have your notes here. If its a crash, go ahead and send the report when prompted on your device.

Thanks!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
One thing I will REALLY want to know (and I don't think we are there yet), is when you guys start using the app instead of the web version of the forums on mobile. not because you are helping us test, but because it is better. There will be this natural transition where you find yourself using the app instead, and I'd love to know when we are there, or what specific features we should focus on to get us there.

M

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
Michael for the transition in my mind the calendar or at least list of upcoming ralley points is key ... it’s the main reason going back to the web ... the current release already feels more fluid than the old OB app
Hope this helps

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Feature/improvement suggestion : when attaching photos also allow google photos as source
Nope hahaha - So here's why: Having the app parse an external image url and import the image into the app automatically (by url) is a violation of the image holders copyright. What you will have to do is do a screen capture of your phone - copy that to your photo library, then import the image using the attach feature. Then it on you :)

That is, if I understood your desire correctly.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Michael for the transition in my mind the calendar or at least list of upcoming ralley points is key ... it’s the main reason going back to the web ... the current release already feels more fluid than the old OB app
Hope this helps
Funny you should mention that! This is actually in the app now, but in "development mode". There is a super top secret way to switch the app to development mode which unlocks everything, even features in progress, but i'm not gonna tell you how to do that right now ;P

IMG_8678.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.