Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Are you still loving your XV2 trailer? I am seriously looking at one now. Just wanted your thoughts on it after a few years!! Thanks
He hasn't been on the site here for about a year.

If it helps, I've had my XVenture XV-2 since late summer 2017, have used it well over 600 nights on the road and back country by now, and have hauled it over 35,000 miles. I couldn't be happier, and have found Schutt Industries, who makes them, to be wonderful to work with.

If you get one, do your maintenance regularly (like with any trailer or vehicle), drain & winterize your water tank when it gets to 30ºF or below (very easy to do), don't overload your rack, and keep your trailer batteries charged up. That's really about it. The trailer itself is built entirely of heavy-duty aluminum, so will last forever and won't have rust issues, and is Huck-bolted not welded, so is far superior in strength.

I love the torsion axle, the large nose box and power center, and added an inverter, air compressor, my own solar, my own RTT and awning, etc.

They are one rugged, though lightweight, beast of a trailer with an expansive open cargo area (one of its best features, far as I'm concerned) and sturdy features like tailgate and step fenders that are far superior to those I've seen elsewhere.

If I can answer anything for you, please don't hesitate to private message me or contact me through my site.

autumnpt_7966-full-900.jpg

Reactions: Shahn

kinginlv

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
King
Thanks for the reply. They are out of stock right now and back ordered parts for about 60 days! I want one and cannot get it! Thanks, if I have any questions, I’ll hit you up! Enjoy it!

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Thanks for the reply. They are out of stock right now and back ordered parts for about 60 days! I want one and cannot get it! Thanks, if I have any questions, I’ll hit you up! Enjoy it!
I see now he sold his, actually, last year.

Outdoor recreation-related activities and gear are seeing historic surges in interest. With the pandemic slowing down supply chains and the increase in people getting outdoors, it's created a backlog for most manufacturers and vendors.

Schutt has dealers too, around the country, and you may be able to find one with one of them, or used, too. I got mine from the vendor who now sells Patriot campers exclusively, so had only one XV left. He approached me on another forum when I was asking about axle ratings, and though I had been dealing with Tim at Schutt directly, we coordinated the deal though the vendor and I ended up with just what I wanted.

Haven't used it much during the pandemic, of course, but am gearing up for more adventures this year.

They are a terrific foundation for adding your own peripherals like RTT and awning, etc.

xv2_6774-900.jpg
They are perfect for quick overnights like above, and especially shine, in my opinion, when used as extended stay base camp:

BBRM-190314-panocropfw-2302-1080.jpg

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for used, if you'd like. Because I've been all over the place with mine, and have written and posted images of it all over, I often get emails from guys with XV2s who have questions or want to know they're putting theirs up for sale.

If you were closer, I'd say pop 'round and I'd show you my XV2 in person.

Good luck man, I hope you get one and are able to use it this summer!

Reactions: kinginlv