Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fremont, WI, USA
First Name
Gonzo
Last Name
Randall
Member #

Fremont wi here. (45 min west of Appleton) got a couple different rigs. My 78 trailduster which I don’t use as much anymore because the old girl is thirsty! Lol but am just getting my 90 Cherokee back on road. Hopefully be taking that up to the UP here in the fall a few times before snow flys.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanMetiv

Gonzo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fremont, WI, USA
First Name
Gonzo
Last Name
Randall
Member #

Cornell, WI here. (Hour north of Eau Claire)

2014 Toyota Fj. As of now just snorkel, scuba mod, then a bigger list of just small accessory’s. Hoping for a 3inch lift and tires come spring time if everything works out right. Also Built a mini truck before. Still haven’t finished it. Lol. One day tho for that...

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
My folks are from Cornell. Still have family living there. Love the Rig I want a FJ bad.

Reactions: GPG3

Dave1014

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Trempealeau, WI, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Graupmann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9HMA
La Crosse, WI

Stock Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited....waiting patiently for the diesel JL Rubicon to come on the market.

Looking for trail running opportunities in our area, they're amazingly tough to find in the Coulee Region.
I may be doing the trans wisconsin adventure trail from BRF north this weekend

Big_blue

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
JOSHUA
Last Name
Delgadillo
Member #

Bay view, WI
Stationed at US coast guard sector lake Michigan till next Dec hoping to do some camping and meet some new people have a 14 f150 with a 6 inch lift and just put on a bed rack with a FREESPIRIT tent with the accessories or an axe gas tank maxtrax and shovel and now building drawers and a sliders for the bed of the truck
Hoping to put on a front number and winch next but we will see what the camping vs trails need first if anyone has Instagram I'll follow you
@big_blueford

Artenen

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Harden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9NOB
Kiel WI KD9NOB usually on the WeComm repeaters daily. Trail Ambassador is if you want to wheel, let's go! :)

SE WI Overlanding Tour and Crawling Trails lvl 1-5 2019-09-15.jpg
That me guiding on Boulder Pass Rock Crawl in Valders, WI.

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
Kiel WI KD9NOB usually on the WeComm repeaters daily. Trail Ambassador is if you want to wheel, let's go! :)

View attachment 122312
That me guiding on Boulder Pass Rock Crawl in Valders, WI.
Welcome! I’m in Manitowoc, just joined rl4wd recently. Haven’t made an event yet, but hope to soon.

Artenen

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Harden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9NOB
Welcome! I’m in Manitowoc, just joined rl4wd recently. Haven’t made an event yet, but hope to soon.
Sweet! And ya, you don't have to wait for an event if you don't want. Being we're like 20 minutes away... give me a ring and let's go ride haha.

Reactions: Ripley1046

jtslbr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Milwaukee, WI
First Name
Jefferson
Last Name
Li
Member #

Cudahy, WI - driving a Tacoma Offroad pretty much stock as of now. Hoping to share/learn about some cool trails/locations around Wisconsin.

Reactions: Ian_Hgn

Ian_Hgn

Rank 0

Contributor I

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Hagen
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9NBT
Cudahy, WI - driving a Tacoma Offroad pretty much stock as of now. Hoping to share/learn about some cool trails/locations around Wisconsin.
I'm brand new to overlanding and trying to get my family out more. Do you have any good trail recommendations in Wisconsin or surrounding areas? The only trail in WI that I know if is the TWAT, which sounds pretty tame. Thanks!

jtslbr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Milwaukee, WI
First Name
Jefferson
Last Name
Li
Member #

I'm brand new to overlanding and trying to get my family out more. Do you have any good trail recommendations in Wisconsin or surrounding areas? The only trail in WI that I know if is the TWAT, which sounds pretty tame. Thanks!
I don't know if you could consider this "around" us (since it's a 5 hour drive) but we had a good time in Hiawatha National Forest. There are some reservable primitive camping spots but you can just disperse camp there.
Haven't been to Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest but that sounds promising

Ian_Hgn

Rank 0

Contributor I

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Hagen
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9NBT
I don't know if you could consider this "around" us (since it's a 5 hour drive) but we had a good time in Hiawatha National Forest. There are some reservable primitive camping spots but you can just disperse camp there.
Haven't been to Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest but that sounds promising

Awesome! Thank you for the recommendation!

Aequitas1916

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Weet
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Sheboygan here.

I drove the northern half of the TWAT a couple summers ago. It *is* mostly pretty tame. There are a few somewhat sketchy spots in Chequamegon-Nicolet NF, mostly just a few large rocks, a little mud after it rains, and overgrown trees (watch your windshield!). It's a nice drive anyway, but definitely not would I would call an "adventure" trail.

When I was looking for spots for good offroading, I couldn't really find much here. I want to check out Mesabi Mountain in MN, but that's at least a weekend trip.

Firemedicc

Rank IV

Traveler III

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Brendan
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

Just joining this conversation now.

My family and I live in Oostburg, which is just outside of Sheboygan.

We haven't started Overlanding yet but plan to start next year.

I have a full size GMC and we will be picking up an overland camper this winter.

Any recommendations for nearby activity and dispersed camping?

jtslbr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Milwaukee, WI
First Name
Jefferson
Last Name
Li
Member #

Madison WI here, I mostly drive to mountain bike trails like Levis mounds and copper harbor and camp out. But I have been looking into do more trail runs.
Truck is a 1987 D110, Mostly stock except the snorkel, tires, and some custom aluminum pieces inside. I had it imported from the UK so it's rhd, 4spd and has a 2.5 td.
Cheers,
Steve
Love Defenders, sweet ride you got there. I used to drive a left side driver in Brazil and I totally miss it. How was your process importing the vehicle?