Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
I thought the same thing, but figured if a 3500 could make it, can't be all that bad.
Our Ram is pretty well set up for most roads like this. Given a reasonably decent rig most trails are not particularly a problem if the driver is competent. Going up this the day before was more of an issue with the sun right in our eyes. My wife drove while I took pictures. (No, not her first 4x4 trip - we've been doing this a long time.) However, the weather was perfect, and the road was dry. This stretch is the Murphy's Hogback and when wet it can be anything from merely dangerous to impassable.

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

There were times I was submerged above my hubs, but I wouldn't characterize it as a rough trail. The Gladiator had an aftermarket lift on it and broke a heim joint. With our tools, he was able to get it apart and knock it together, and then put everything back.

That trail out that goes under the bluff had some rough spots between the road and the bluff (a decent ledge we had to mount) and again between the bluff and the tunnel (I scraped something on the way back down to make a right to get back to the tunnel). We ran the trail under the bluff after going through the tunnel and then turning around to head back. We crossed over the main road and hit the bluff trail and decided not to mess with coming down off the ledge to get back out, so we went through the tunnel a third time!
View attachment 214172
Great shot mate! Whats the bed rack youve installed?