Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia / Florida
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Force
Member #

Brick road? Like in NY city brick streets or just the clay?
Bricks. Can't really see them in the pic because of dirt. Here they are peeking through. The highway system was laid down in 1915 and opened in 1916, and ran from Michigan to Miami.
dixiehighway.jpg
I did a video about it here:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Bricks. Can't really see them in the pic because of dirt. Here they are peeking through. The highway system was laid down in 1915 and opened in 1916, and ran from Michigan to Miami.
View attachment 221518
I did a video about it here:
Downtown Lubbock, Tx still has brick streets in quite a few places. The last I knew they were designated historic landmarks so were maintained and not replaced.

GFB_Steve

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

CA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
gfb
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WJH
What Class ?
Prerun class! Haha.

We go down to provide communications support to any and all racers but rarely race. For the past few years, we've gone early for the 1000, prerun the course, eat tacos, and have a good time... way more fun than racing! For the other races, we get in, get our work done and head home....

Reactions: MMc and 9Mike2

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Prerun class! Haha.

We go down to provide communications support to any and all racers but rarely race. For the past few years, we've gone early for the 1000, prerun the course, eat tacos, and have a good time... way more fun than racing! For the other races, we get in, get our work done and head home....
Thanks weather man. I do miss his reports.

Reactions: 9Mike2