GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
Wow tunnels looking kinda shallow. Hope ya walked the bridge down by the river. It’s gorgeous over there.
I missed the bridge. :( We wanted to get back home to our respective wives to surprise them for dinner! HAHAHA

There were parts of the tunnel that were surprisingly deep. There was a Jeep Gladiator that came through after us that actually broke his suspension in there.

jg45

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bartlett, TN
First Name
John
Last Name
Gilmer
Member #

Wow tunnels looking kinda shallow. Hope ya walked the bridge down by the river. It’s gorgeous over there.
I missed the bridge. :( We wanted to get back home to our respective wives to surprise them for dinner! HAHAHA

There were parts of the tunnel that were surprisingly deep. There was a Jeep Gladiator that came through after us that actually broke his suspension in there.
I drove that tunnel two weeks ago. Water was no more than 12-18 inches deep then. I am surprised someone broke something in there. It wasn't very technical or extremely rough. The trail back up and out, if you don't turnaround and go back through, looked pretty rough though.

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I drove that tunnel two weeks ago. Water was no more than 12-18 inches deep then. I am surprised someone broke something in there. It wasn't very technical or extremely rough. The trail back up and out, if you don't turnaround and go back through, looked pretty rough though.
There were times I was submerged above my hubs, but I wouldn't characterize it as a rough trail. The Gladiator had an aftermarket lift on it and broke a heim joint. With our tools, he was able to get it apart and knock it together, and then put everything back.

That trail out that goes under the bluff had some rough spots between the road and the bluff (a decent ledge we had to mount) and again between the bluff and the tunnel (I scraped something on the way back down to make a right to get back to the tunnel). We ran the trail under the bluff after going through the tunnel and then turning around to head back. We crossed over the main road and hit the bluff trail and decided not to mess with coming down off the ledge to get back out, so we went through the tunnel a third time!
8.jpg

bryceCtravels

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
Campbell
There were times I was submerged above my hubs, but I wouldn't characterize it as a rough trail. The Gladiator had an aftermarket lift on it and broke a heim joint. With our tools, he was able to get it apart and knock it together, and then put everything back.

That trail out that goes under the bluff had some rough spots between the road and the bluff (a decent ledge we had to mount) and again between the bluff and the tunnel (I scraped something on the way back down to make a right to get back to the tunnel). We ran the trail under the bluff after going through the tunnel and then turning around to head back. We crossed over the main road and hit the bluff trail and decided not to mess with coming down off the ledge to get back out, so we went through the tunnel a third time!
View attachment 214172
Great pic! When I went, I wasn't really sure what I was doing. I went through, cruised around the other side, then came back out the way I went in. I'll have to check out this trail y'all are talking about.

Reactions: Shahn

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Southern Jordan.
Before I read the caption, my first thought was Australia. Too bad the fed rounded up the camels in the Death Valley area in the early 1960's?, I believe. At least Australia saw the benefit of leaving them feral.

Reactions: Shahn

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Southern Jordan.
Here’s one from when I was in Djibouti. They were rough looking there.
Before I read the caption, my first thought was Australia. Too bad the fed rounded up the camels in the Death Valley area in the early 1960's?, I believe. At least Australia saw the benefit of leaving them feral.

Attachments