Winch options

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

DoggMan1163

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

They are exide batteries
(A) Brand please, as most deep cycle batteries have lower CCA numbers than that. Having a 6.6 Duramax Diesel, the recommended minimum is at 800 CCA in my application. I once had to put in a set rated at 700 CCA, as that was all they had at the time. They lasted about as long as the 800 CCA rated ones. So when I see a 900 rated battery, and it is not a...starter battery, I was wondering.....mmm

When you say truck/marine, was this a hybrid like the Optima YELLOW TOP?????(red=starter/blue=deep cycle).
(B) Price?
20190526_093630.jpg20190526_093630.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Pathfinder I

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS=WREA307
Thanks for the update. Those are big batteries, so they have a lot of plates in them. I have 2 strikes working against me. (1) GM puts a smaller size battery tray in their trucks, diesel not withstanding, which of course limits the battery power, as the case size has a affect on CCA availability. (2) GM also has side posts rather than top mounts, and I have never seen a high CCA available battery with that type of cable offering. If you put a side post vs top post case(same size) side by side, the top post will have more robust CCA numbers I believe, at least that has been my experience.

Ugh........battery envy, who would have thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoggMan1163

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Influencer I

Wolfe City, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thanks for the update. Those are big batteries, so they have a lot of plates in them. I have 2 strikes working against me. (1) GM puts a smaller size battery tray in their trucks, diesel not withstanding, which of course limits the battery power, as the case size has a affect on CCA. (2) GM also has side posts rather than top mounts, and I have never seen a high CCA available battery with that type of cable offering. If you put a side post vs top post case(same size) side by side, the top post will have more robust CCA numbers.

The colorado duramax comes with a 900 amp battery from the factory. So im sure some autoparts store or walmart carries it. Its a long battery for sure over the 6-700 cca i was used to.

Ohio_Sundowner

Rank I

Traveler I

Mechanicsburg Ohio
Member #

smittybilt x20 series is what I went with ….love the wireless control and I do use a 2nd battery and I also installed a CTEK D250S Dual and have never has a problem. Also I has one more Ctek 250s if someone is looking for one.

DoggMan1163

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Thanks for the update. Those are big batteries, so they have a lot of plates in them. I have 2 strikes working against me. (1) GM puts a smaller size battery tray in their trucks, diesel not withstanding, which of course limits the battery power, as the case size has a affect on CCA. (2) GM also has side posts rather than top mounts, and I have never seen a high CCA available battery with that type of cable offering. If you put a side post vs top post case(same size) side by side, the top post will have more robust CCA numbers.

I had to modify the tray area and lowered it about a inch