Willys Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

harv3589

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Alberta, Canada
Member #

We bought our jeep February of 2015 and didn't get much done to it that year due to building the trailer. But this year we made a lot of progress on it. Still a few things to do but we are almost there.

The day we brought it home!

image.jpeg

Reactions: ROCTANK and SLO Rob

harv3589

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Started out with a 1.5" Teraflex levelling kit and put an ARB stubby bumper with a Superwinch 9500 Tigershark SR winch.

image.jpeg

This last winter I swapped out the factory tires for 35" Duratrac tires, added limb risers, AEV snorkel.

Did try the N-Fab side steps but they ended up being changed out.

image.jpeg

Installed Bushwacker flat fenders...

image.jpeg

Reactions: Steve and O.Dfj

harv3589

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Changed out the superwinch hawse fair lead and hook to a Factor 55 fair lead and a Warn winch hook.

image.jpeg

Added a precleaner to the snorkel...

image.jpeg

Ordered up a pile of parts including new lift....

image.jpeg

New LOD shorty bumper installed, 3 gallon Rotopax cans mounted along with Hi Lift jack on bumper. Lights are still sitting in my shed waiting to be installed...

image.jpeg

Now it was time for the lift install...3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor lift with Prodigy shocks. Also installed Yeti flip drag link and HD tie rod. While doing we also put in Synergy track bar brackets and sector shaft brace. Also an Adams front drive shaft.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

After the lift...

image.jpeg

Reactions: Luis Merlo

harv3589

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Alberta, Canada
Member #

I made up some removeable mud flap brackets for the rear...still have to do the front ones...worked out nicely and I'm sure it will make the other drivers happy that are behind me.

image.jpeg

LOD sliders installed and the N-Fab ones are history....the LOD ones are so nice and heavy duty.

Also scored a brand new premium soft top for next to nothing on the local for sale ads!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Teraflex brackets installed for the JKS quick disconnects I'm running. Helps get them up and out of the way and keeps them secure.

image.jpeg

ARB breather extension kit...works nicely but took a bit to get it installed. The line is really small diameter and doesn't place nice with the nipples on the diffs. Extended both front, rear and transmission breather lines.

image.jpeg

harv3589

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Another set of lights from Inspired Engineering added to front bumper. Outer ones are the fog/daytime running lights and the inner ones are a spot light like the ones up at the windshield.

image.jpeg

harv3589

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Really nice set up. My question is what the exact reason for the breather hoses?

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
They have been extended to prevent any water from getting into the diffs...the transmission one was already in the engine compartment but I just moved it so that its in the same spot as the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jedi