Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
I went with the Rigd Ultraswing. RIGd UltraSwing™ Hitch Carrier Multi-Fit It was a hard decision between the 2. I spoke with customer service from both companies and preferred the design of the Ultraswing as it keeps everything closer to the tailgate. Also the accessory mounting options made more sense for me.

Either way you choose they are solid choices
When I first got mine I didn't like the distance between the tire and the tail gate either. I was thinking about cutting it and re-welding it closer but I just never got around to it... I am glad I never did that. Since I decided to make a large swing down / slide out table for cooking I am glad to have that extra room now. My table is over 56 inches long and will hold 80 # plus I am adding another 18x26 inch table and a water tank for running water to the Wilco too.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
When I first got mine I didn't like the distance between the tire and the tail gate either. I was thinking about cutting it and re-welding it closer but I just never got around to it... I am glad I never did that. Since I decided to make a large swing down / slide out table for cooking I am glad to have that extra room now. My table is over 56 inches long and will hold 80 # plus I am adding another 18x26 inch table and a water tank for running water to the Wilco too.
Yup waiting for my Roto Pack Gas Can and mount before adjusting the spacing. I can move mine closer to the next hole which looks like 1/2”.

In regards to that table, you could make a business out of it sonI could be your first customer. :)

Reactions: Charles M

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

That one is really nice cause you’re getting a new bumper as well.
I want something like what we had on the hummers in iraq. But I think ibistek is out of my price range lol. Honestly I dont know if they make anything for ram. Time to go look

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I would have gladly gone for a bumper and swing out if someone made it for a Tahoe... I am still thinking of building my own swing out in the future but, I need a heavier welder to make one. Then one of you guys can get a deal on my modified one... lol
No fair! I just want your table lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Charles M

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Reactions: RoarinRow

tundra21

Rank V

Advocate III

Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stein
Member #

I went with the Rigd Ultraswing. RIGd UltraSwing™ Hitch Carrier Multi-Fit It was a hard decision between the 2. I spoke with customer service from both companies and preferred the design of the Ultraswing as it keeps everything closer to the tailgate. Also the accessory mounting options made more sense for me.

Either way you choose they are solid choices
I meet the owners at Overland West a nice group of people. I'd rather buy from someone who supports the sport like these folks.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I meet the owners at Overland West a nice group of people. I'd rather buy from someone who supports the sport like these folks.
Good to know. Too late for me, but good info for someone looking to buy.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I filled the gap today. Received the 3.5 gallon Fuel Pack, Wilco Roto Pack/Fuel Pack mount with locking mechanism. I decided on single holder instead double mount Wilco has. The double mount doesn’t seem to install straight at last not in their pictures.

Here is before and after.

C2CAF5E9-9508-4D9A-8C24-BA1BCA34DC37.jpeg

Just enough room to unlock my tailgate with pop lock key. I could switch to a wider 3 gallon Roto Pack in the future. I opted for 3.5 because of slimmer profile and more capacity.

499C75C2-3D84-451E-A15A-0B2408D4892C.jpeg

I am still able to use my combination bike lock to secure the rim / tire to main mount.

D70B7472-F28E-42C3-86AB-23286211AB68.jpeg

Locking mechanism. Wilco gives you 3 extra keys. Looks tiny compared to the 35” tire.

AA998A04-4D1C-488C-80DE-70E105696647.jpeg

From behind you can’t see Fuel Pack.

B51FA505-3075-43B8-BF26-7B775785DADC.jpeg

Shot from other side.

B0737802-7ACA-4551-8D81-21911F2334D3.jpeg

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
I filled the gap today. Received the 3.5 gallon Fuel Pack, Wilco Roto Pack/Fuel Pack mount with locking mechanism. I decided on single holder instead double mount Wilco has. The double mount doesn’t seem to install straight at last not in their pictures.

Here is before and after.

View attachment 118548

Just enough room to unlock my tailgate with pop lock key. I could switch to a wider 3 gallon Roto Pack in the future. I opted for 3.5 because of slimmer profile and more capacity.

View attachment 118551

I am still able to use my combination bike lock to secure the rim / tire to main mount.

View attachment 118549

Locking mechanism. Wilco gives you 3 extra keys. Looks tiny compared to the 35” tire.

View attachment 118553

From behind you can’t see Fuel Pack.

View attachment 118550

Shot from other side.

View attachment 118552
That looks good and it would nicely help offset the weight of a swing out tire carrier. I guess it's actually very good idea on Wilco's part to leave more room behind the tire.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
That looks good and it would nicely help offset the weight of a swing out tire carrier. I guess it's actually very good idea on Wilco's part to leave more room behind the tire.
Yup and there is still room to move it closer which I will probably do tomorrow.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Yup and there is still room to move it closer which I will probably do tomorrow.
I made a fuel / water can holder for mine. Here is a mock up photo of it. I just finished the mounts yesterday and I am waiting for the paint to dry so I can mount it up.

20190917_144846.jpeg

I also added an electric water pump to my tank for running water.

20190918_132117.jpeg