Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Since I completed my 6” lift and 35” tire set up I had to find a way to store my 35” spare tire. It certainly does not fit comfortably under the truck where the OEM spare was. For the life of me I could not lift it over my head to put on top of my luggage rack.

Putting it in the bed of the truck is not an option. Which lead me to the Wilco hitch carrier. $1000+ and two weeks later I finally received it. Guess they had some manufacturing defect which caused the delay.

What I like about:
- It’s solidly made and easy to install
- holds my 35” tire as advertised
- accepts other Wilco accessories. I also bought the license plate holder.
- has a built in 2” receiver so I can still use my hitch for other accessories
- came in good packaging
- can still open camper shell door no problem

What I don’t like:
- price
- had to pay extra for swing out feature
- blocks my rear view camera. Can only see through hitch hole to some degree
- lots of space in-between carrier and tailgate but understandable

4531A646-5BAC-48C5-B618-09B171071A77.jpeg
BD09A1CA-8B84-414A-B1E4-28642100F6C5.jpeg
BD12B255-9891-474D-BE37-8A3CF9B49A07.jpeg
610FAE2F-41DC-4F01-B765-2F0876843C3E.jpeg
91A09620-21A9-471F-850F-BD68E19C17EE.jpeg
9B49340F-EC96-43B0-8F15-35D796EF6A20.jpeg
3477610C-139B-40DF-A1DE-89AE571CD3E0.jpeg
71498CB9-FAE2-4ACD-AD43-A70CD35A1ED1.jpeg

Last edited:

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I have the hitchgate offset and have the same pro's con's. Been on for over a year now and the sting of the cost is less painful, it's been 100% trouble free, zero noise and can carry my hi-lift and two jerry cans.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I have the hitchgate offset and have the same pro's con's. Been on for over a year now and the sting of the cost is less painful, it's been 100% trouble free, zero noise and can carry my hi-lift and two jerry cans.
I’m happy to hear it’s been trouble free for you. I’m looking at adding jerry cans as well. But just adding those with the locking mechanism is about $500 lol.

Today I might attempt to relocate my back up camera. At least that is free haha.

Reactions: madcratebuilder

Overwatch52

Rank I

Contributor III

San Lorenzo, CA, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Corpuz
Member #

Great pics on the Solo as I too have been contemplating getting one for my CrewMax. Any good pics of the Offset mounted on a truck?

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
In addition to the wheel lock I also added a bike cable combination lock. Also added my original D ring hitch mount and added a difference license plate cover where the original plate was located.

A7CF0D68-DCD4-4468-B780-CF1469E8508C.jpeg
82FE3A4D-D3F9-4809-BC1B-B43216FE7AC3.jpeg
F2B4DFD7-C35E-4FE8-9B09-E19F92BA0476.jpeg

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I’m happy to hear it’s been trouble free for you. I’m looking at adding jerry cans as well. But just adding those with the locking mechanism is about $500 lol.

Today I might attempt to relocate my back up camera. At least that is free haha.
I got a pretty good deal from Summet Racing on my Wilco stuff but still spendy, buy once, cry once. With the Offset about half the camera view is blocked, I've learned to adjust for it. Relocating the Lic plate can be a PITA! The Wilco kit was spendy, not 100% compatible. After the swearing and money I'm happy with it.

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I got a pretty good deal from Summet Racing on my Wilco stuff but still spendy, buy once, cry once. With the Offset about half the camera view is blocked, I've learned to adjust for it. Relocating the Lic plate can be a PITA! The Wilco kit was spendy, not 100% compatible. After the swearing and money I'm happy with it.
Looks good man. For the license relocation kit I looked at the wiring and could not figure out visually how it would connect to the existing wiring. Their instructions are almost non-existent. Had to download the Bilt app which doesn’t have all their products.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Relocated backup camera. While not centered it’s better than nothing. At least I have visibility. IMG_3472.JPG
IMG_3473.JPG

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Added the Trasheroo now that I have his carrier. Not leaving on there 24/7 of course.

B8B390A0-8032-4FE4-AD77-E39B21CCEC73.jpeg

0CF63D0F-5BB8-43F2-9EE7-6AF2EA6E983E.jpeg

Waiting for the Roto Pack Gas Can and mount to complete this setup.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
I put my WIlco on over a year ago and it has been fine even after a lot of rough off road use. I relocated the license tag to the swing out arm by drilling and tapping two holes in the arm. I added a tag light but I haven't hooked it up yet...
20180127_125802.jpg

Recently I added a flip down / slide out table to it and a trasheroo. I am working on making a 12x14 water / fuel can carrier so I can mount a jerry can or a reliance square or tall 7 gallon water can just to the right of the tire. I may add a Roto pack mount over the table behind the tire for water and or one behind the trasheroo... I am still deciding on those still...

69469578_10157698454901738_6484153624745213952_o.jpg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I put my WIlco on over a year ago and it has been fine even after a lot of rough off road use. I relocated the license tag to the swing out arm by drilling and tapping two holes in the arm. I added a tag light but I haven't hooked it up yet...
View attachment 117603

Recently I added a flip down / slide out table to it and a trasheroo. I am working on making a 12x14 water / fuel can carrier so I can mount a jerry can or a reliance square or tall 7 gallon water can just to the right of the tire. I may add a Roto pack mount over the table behind the tire for water and or one behind the trasheroo... I am still deciding on those still...

View attachment 117604
Ohhhh I really like that table. Did you make that?

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I think having this setup also expands your options for gas, water, jacks, and other storage.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

I went with the Rigd Ultraswing. RIGd UltraSwing™ Hitch Carrier Multi-Fit It was a hard decision between the 2. I spoke with customer service from both companies and preferred the design of the Ultraswing as it keeps everything closer to the tailgate. Also the accessory mounting options made more sense for me.

Either way you choose they are solid choices

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I went with the Rigd Ultraswing. RIGd UltraSwing™ Hitch Carrier Multi-Fit It was a hard decision between the 2. I spoke with customer service from both companies and preferred the design of the Ultraswing as it keeps everything closer to the tailgate. Also the accessory mounting options made more sense for me.

Either way you choose they are solid choices
Yeah I researched the Ultraswing as well. Not sure why I didn't go that route, maybe because I saw in one of the pictures the mounting of the tire was in an angle? Is that how yours is? I like the accessories they have.

I looked at my Solo and realized that I could have pushed it back another hole, which is like another 1/2". But waiting for my Roto Pack mount and can before I do any more adjustments.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Yeah I researched the Ultraswing as well. Not sure why I didn't go that route, maybe because I saw in one of the pictures the mounting of the tire was in an angle? Is that how yours is? I like the accessories they have.

I looked at my Solo and realized that I could have pushed it back another hole, which is like another 1/2". But waiting for my Roto Pack mount and can before I do any more adjustments.
The angle is designed to help with center of gravity and clearance issues. Not. Sure. Here are some pictures What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?