Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
YES, this is why I agree so heartily with Jedi.
If you want brand loyalty, find the forum for your brand.
Overland is about soo much more.

Must admit tho, I love to throw sarcasm into the Ford/Chev/Dodge debates.
Me to. But my sarcasm broke down again.

Gm denied warranty on my sarcasm.
Ford doesn't have anyone capable of diagnosing sarcasm.
Dodge won't admit that there's even a problem with my sarcasm.
Toyota had a plan to fix my sarcasm written on steel, but it turned into iron oxide.
Land Rover and Jeep just think it's a quirky cool feature.
Overlanders can't help, because my sarcasm doesn't look good mounted to a glorified ladder rack.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
As probably already mentioned I have a feeling its more to do that those who go out as a group are Clubs or Groups. Could be your seeing a JEEP CLUB or Toyota club out wheeling. I personally prefer to be alone honestly.
When I was younger I preferred to go alone (not without my family). Now my family is gone and I see it from another angle. I joined OB because I was hopeful that I could join up with a group of like minded people to travel the back country trails. Because I am old, I need more equipment to give me the security of being able to get out of trouble without someone else's help. That's costly ! With a group (at least One other) I wont have to worry about getting back home. I cant walk very far anyway. So even though I might like to go it alone, I am not stupid enough to try going to far outback by myself. Hurray for those that feel they can, I have no problem with that. I haven't found a group yet, and probably wont since I am in an area where when you see an off road vehicle it is a farm or ranch truck or a trailer queen for show only.

There are no organized outfits locally, or within 120 miles of me. Most every one is a loner if they do have an interest. "Every one" is younger than me and who wants to go boondocking with an 84 year old fiddle farter who doesn't drink, smoke or inhale funny aromas..
The funny thing about old age is that your mind doesn't know your old, just your body when you try to do something stupid like going it alone and get buried up to your doors in mud or some other stupid thing. When your old you tend to forget some important things like leaving your spare gas can at the service station and not finding out until you need it.
What I really need is a good looking old 84 year old chick who just wants to get out and enjoy what life they have left after raising a family and maybe catering to an old goat like me her whole life before becoming a widow. I see a lot of them in the old folks home, but they have given up on life !