Why is it that when your traveling in a group your the only one setting up and breaking down

• HTML tutorial

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Training can be a difficult skill to learn. As a parent you learn to not do for them, else they don’t learn themselves. Sometimes this means allowing them to experience discomfort, or even pain.

Sometimes people with hard-charging personalities tend to take over things, and do everything themselves... then complain that they were seemingly the only ones working.

I don’t know if that describes you or not, but I would try taking on a “mind your own business” attitude. This will allow you to focus on your own setup, and let others deal with their setup.

Their is a Bible verse I love, “If you don’t work, you don’t eat”... so in this case, if they can’t setup a tent, they can sleep under the stars. Same goes with cooking.

These people survive at home, they don’t need someone to sleep and cook for them. They may need a bit of training for the different situation/environment, but if you are having trouble with training vs doing for them, then perhaps don’t get involved at all.

Another idea is to designate one person in the group as a tent trainer who trains people how to setup tents. You could also have a stove/grill trainer to trains people how to use their stove/grill. (and so on...)

Giving each person something to do will help them feel useful, and more invested in your group. This will reduce fallout, and increase community.

James