Why are there so few Silverado overland rigs?

• HTML tutorial

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

Thank you, 454. A good choice. Next time I wont be penny wise and pound foolish. Saving the money on the 5100's...well, I'm happy with the 5100's, but next time I'll spend the extra cake and get them pre-assembled so I can do the installation myself
brother - all of these builds have a life unto themselves.

I just found these guys (shock surplus) a few weeks ago when doing my own research - (phenomenal youtube videos by the way - them and Filthy motorsports are running the clinic on suspension. I re-post here because that's an important part of an overland build... I just want to run overland @ 50mph :)).

To the mods, I am definitely in favor of a separate board for full-size GMs. There is a lot of information to parse from disparate sources. We need to consolidate. Hell, given the number of these trucks on the road "should" be incentive enough.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Those of us that run full-size rigs we have always paid a premium for certain parts when compared to mid sizes like 4 runners, Tacoma's, or similar vehicles. For 'rock sliders' the difference has been the $600 range VS the $1200+ dollar range , and then some were body mounted instead of being frame mounted, and more light duty than they should be for what they were being purchased for. For those of us that would consider such a product, would you expect them to be able to use a High lift jack without issues? If so, I came across ......Rocky Road Outfitters, who offer a rock slider option covering a price range of $800-$1050 range which is compatible with the midsize truck size range for actual sliders, and not fancy step rails. The best price/ HD constructed full size sliders I had found for GM's before, were in the $1200 plus range for bare metal, with powder coat and options quickly putting the price upward. These Rocky Road sliders also seem to for 2014 models up, and seem to be a stock item. These might be a option in our quest for REAL protection parts. The 'Jac Jaw' attachment is made with tube bumpers/rock sliders in mind. See pictures below.

Orders: 888 801-7271
Tech: (435) 654-1149

1605994839847.png1605995598412.png

1605993198040.png
Something to keep in mind

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not affiliated with them, but thought I would pass on what I found. I just wish they had a 2500 HD model available for my 2003 HD Duramax:disappointed::disappointed:

Last edited:
Reactions: RoarinRow

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Couldn’t remember if I posted a update but got the 35s installed and with 1.5” of lift there is no rubbing . Took it up in the snow and they seem to work quite well even without airing down . Still rather quiet to 193073B8-8866-4338-A85C-AF856FD0ADAC.jpeg4905590B-5BE5-4425-B8F2-CB88844DE322.jpeg7DAE08DB-19A5-4C91-B29A-5275FF6116D8.jpegEB8FCD75-CD8E-4278-AA39-51ED25E9F6A8.jpeg

Reactions: RoarinRow

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

• Wow
Reactions: Desert Runner

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Sorry take that back I did trim the bumper but I actually don’t think I needed to

Mine is a 2014 so I'm not sure if the wheel well size is much different. I just stepped outside to measure. A little difficult to get a proper measurement with the wheel in there, but I think my rear wheel wells are only about 37 or 38 inches at the widest part near the bottom. Im not sure but maybe not a lot of room for articulation but they should be great on graded roads or if I had a stiff suspension.

Are these 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake stamped for severe winter driving?

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I have Geolandar highway tires on my K2 right now and I admit, I have been loving the quiet, comfortable highway ride. But I am looking for something more in the AT range - something like Wrangler Trail Runners or as much as BF Goodrich AT's. Couple more options to think about

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Current setup.
Nice 2500 you have there. Kind of the direction I want to go, minus the rooftop tent. I'll sleep in the bed with an inflatable and a sleeping bag. But I like the lighting coming out of the sides of your cap.

I have a rack on top of my cap, so I'll use that for any extra gear or kayaks and such

Still unsure if i want to go to 35's. I may go as large as 33